DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Interesting Brandon tweet

Southpaw89

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Emu on the Loose

I should think it would have to be a Light-sider, because with the exception of Verin the Shadow-siders always have the same basic motivations. It seemed to me like Brandon thought he would be revealing something surprising.

I should think it would have to be a Light-sider, because with the exception of Verin the Shadow-siders always have the same basic motivations. It seemed to me like Brandon thought he would be revealing something surprising.

Verins warder Thomas. could be him since we dont really know what he is up too really since she died.

Guest PiotrekS

I think Tomas is already dead as well. Alanna, Sorilea, Alivia and Bashere seem most likely to me, Alanna definitely most interesting.

Motivations of a character (whose name I shall not spoil here) for the specific act of killing Asmodean?

We already know that, the killer was unaware that Asmodean was shielded and thus virtually powerless and so was of the belief that it was self-defense against a traitor to the Shadow.

Aside from the fact that this narrows it down to a darkfriend/forsaken, I don't think at this point Asmodean's killer is a spoiler to anyone browsing the AMoL forums.

Tenobia? She gathered all the borderlands and fled, leaving the most crucial spot undefended. Is it cause she is a DF which has been suggested before? Or some other reason?

All the borderlanders(Tenobia did not lead this) left because they had to find Rand and test him as happened in ToM.

I think Tomas is already dead as well. Alanna, Sorilea, Alivia and Bashere seem most likely to me, Alanna definitely most interesting.

He is. Verin told Egwene he was spending his last moments with his family.

Which doesn't actually mean all that much given Verin could lie, release his bond and that Tomas in no way suffered the 'last hour' stringent that Verin as an Oath Bound Darkfriend did.

But Tomas would hardly fit as 'long hidden motivations'

Yeah and Tomas was never important enough to give us a PoV scene... It'd be hard to care, really.

It'd depend on what he was doing, really--not in light of this, of course. Again the whole motivation thing, but I could see a Tomas resurgence carrying out some last plan for Verin or something being interesting.

Aye poor Tomas might have done something fun before he drank a secial tea or whatever.

The point was sort of that Tomas needn't have drank any sort of tea, and therefore might yet do something fun.

It's not relevent to this thread of course. Tomas resurfacing wouldn't involve the revelation of long hidden motives--but yes, Tomas had no need to commit suicide to betray the Dark One. Verin could have easily released his bond, and as a warder I doubt he was a coward....

Honestly though, I suspect the Tomas thing was the result of RJ leaving no notes about him--in tPoD Verin's thinking all about how difficult it is keeping secrets from your warder, then in tGS he's a complicit co-conspiritor, who then conveniently kills himself and disapears from the story under the cloud of Verin's necessary suicide?

Nah it's just another of result of Brandon's slap-it-down-and-print-it writing style.

He is. Verin told Egwene he was spending his last moments with his family.

Which doesn't actually mean all that much given Verin could lie, release his bond and that Tomas in no way suffered the 'last hour' stringent that Verin as an Oath Bound Darkfriend did.

But Tomas would hardly fit as 'long hidden motivations'

Except for Lan and Elyas all non-Asha'man warders are just mindless accessories of their Aes Sedai. They don't have any motivation at all aside from those of their Aes Sedai.

Guest PiotrekS

I think Tomas was in a similar situation to Verin in that he also pretended to be a darkfriend (precisely - he was a darkfriend who was looking for a way out when he met Verin. Then they worked together). Even discounting warder rage, he might be very, very reluctant to face darkfriend questions about Verin and his role in her actions.

Tomas does not really fit. The only people whose motivations seemed very unclear to me were Alanna and Nakomi and maybe Taim and Logain.

Hmm, what about Dobraine? He was so steadfastedly loyal to Rand it was weird for a Cairhienin.d

Yeah she did come across a bit odd in that. Hadn't really thought much about her before, but again if it were her long-hidden motivations I think my reaction would be 'meh'.

Leane, however, could be all kinds of interesting. Although if it is her she's been hiding verrrry well.

Nah, someone exciting please! Bash-ere! Bash-ere!

Archived