DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Need a Swedish translator!

Terez

We are very close to finishing the new interview database, and I really think we'll have it done by the end of the year. Marie Curie and I both have finals next week, and by then all that will be left is the overhaul, which isn't as much work as it sounds like (basically reviewing every entry). Anyway, we have been finding some 'new' old reports, and we found this old report in Swedish:

http://web.archive.o...tan_om_sol.html

We already have two reports on that Con in English, but this is a different one. Is there anyone here who could translate it from Swedish to English? I could do it with Google Translate and a dictionary, but I think it would take a lot longer!

PS - I am going to put the call out at Theoryland too, so let me know if you start working on this so I can let them know we have someone. Or, just post in that thread if you have an account at TL. We have a few Swedes at TL, but I think there are more here.

I read the text, and there really is very little about RJ and WoT in it. The guy who writes it hasn't even read the series. There is a short bit from a discussion on using exeisting myths in fantasy litterature and a short bit about the book signing. I could translate those parts, but the rest was pretty uninteresting. If you want the whole report, I will pass.

Yeah, I noticed that much about it via Google Translate. That's probably why it was never translated, but we have this need for being really thorough and including everything we can get our hands on even if it's barely relevant and not worth tagging. And sometimes non-fans give good reports. Anyway, there's a guy at Theoryland who says he's going to take a swipe at it, and he seems to think he can finish it by tonight, so hopefully that will do the trick.

We are very close to finishing the new interview database, and I really think we'll have it done by the end of the year. Marie Curie and I both have finals next week, and by then all that will be left is the overhaul, which isn't as much work as it sounds like (basically reviewing every entry). Anyway, we have been finding some 'new' old reports, and we found this old report in Swedish:

We already have two reports on that Con in English, but this is a different one. Is there anyone here who could translate it from Swedish to English? I could do it with Google Translate and a dictionary, but I think it would take a lot longer!

PS - I am going to put the call out at Theoryland too, so let me know if you start working on this so I can let them know we have someone. Or, just post in that thread if you have an account at TL. We have a few Swedes at TL, but I think there are more here.

I'd Love to help out.

Edit:

Ops, guess i'm too late.

And yes, we do rock. That's a fact

I'd Love to help out.

Edit:

Ops, guess i'm too late.

And yes, we do rock. That's a fact

No u. Yer all gay.

:x

Finland over and out. :D

Archived