DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elayne

Padraic_Seebrr

It seems to me that with Elayne's recklessness in ToM she could very well be an unsuspected death in aMoL. In Aviendha's vision in the glass pillars, Elayne is no longer on the throne. If only one generation passes between the last two visions then that means in two generations Elayne will no longer be Queen of Andor. Elayne is a strong channeler and leader, who if released from the Oath Rod or not should rule for at least two generations. There is also no mention of Elayne or Aviendha, even though they are only grandparents at this time. It is obvious why there is no mention of Rand, but the absence of any of the main characters to provide council besides clan chiefs is disturbing to me. Elayne is also very reckless due to Min's viewings, it would be a perfect irony if she died during childbirth.

The second vision (the one where we see the Queen of Andor) is 57 years after the LB. Elayne could've abdicated after 40-40 years on the Lion Throne. Or assassinated 30 years after LB.

Rand intends to go to Shaoyol Ghul on the next day after the end of ToM. Trollocs are invading en masse in the Borderlands, Caemlyn and probably elsewhere. All indications are things will get decided within days. Elayne is still only about 5 months pregnant, a the babies have to be born strong and healthy, which gives her 3 months to live, so chances are she'll survive the LB.

While i don't consider the events shown in the columns the future set in stone, I think Elayne's death would make for a pretty powerful moment. She's the one who resembles Ilyena the most, and it might threaten Rand's new found zen-ness. If he were to grieve and move on it might finally give him (lews therin) some closure.

The second vision (the one where we see the Queen of Andor) is 57 years after the LB. Elayne could've abdicated after 40-40 years on the Lion Throne. Or assassinated 30 years after LB.

Rand intends to go to Shaoyol Ghul on the next day after the end of ToM. Trollocs are invading en masse in the Borderlands, Caemlyn and probably elsewhere. All indications are things will get decided within days. Elayne is still only about 5 months pregnant, a the babies have to be born strong and healthy, which gives her 3 months to live, so chances are she'll survive the LB.

Elayne could still be in danger after Rand goes to Shayol Ghul to Seal the Bore. The trollocs and fades will still be around, not to mention Black Ajah and darkfriend Asha'man. The Trolloc invasions in the Borderlands and Caemlyn coupled with the impending Seanchan assault of the White Tower seem to spell out a longer Last Battle than just a one day trip for Rand to the Bore. The Last Battle will last at least a few months if nations are to rise and fall.

While i don't consider the events shown in the columns the future set in stone, I think Elayne's death would make for a pretty powerful moment. She's the one who resembles Ilyena the most, and it might threaten Rand's new found zen-ness. If he were to grieve and move on it might finally give him (lews therin) some closure.

The feeling Aviendha had after the glass columns implied that the future she saw was a very likely future. It would be interesting to see how Rand handles the death of Elayne, and perhaps Aviendha as well? Saw no mention of her in the future either, no mention of her being alive at least.

It seems to me that with Elayne's recklessness in ToM she could very well be an unsuspected death in aMoL.

What recklessness was that? She went into her own dungeons to interrogate someone who was shielded and under lock and key. It was a coincidence and nothing more that a DF rescue attempt just happened at the very second she went down. That event and even more so the BA raid have always been greatly exaggerated in this regards.

In addition I along with most others do not believe Avi's vision will come to pass. They are a cautionary view of the future that she will change with her actions.

Elayne is guaranteed to survive for the simple reason that RJ wouldn't have spent so much time on her regaining the throne if a couple of months afterwards Elayne was to die and Andor was thrown into yet another succession.

With her twins born there wouldn't be another succession, a regent would be installed likely until the daughter is of age to gain the throne.

It seems to me that with Elayne's recklessness in ToM she could very well be an unsuspected death in aMoL.

What recklessness was that? She went into her own dungeons to interrogate someone who was shielded and under lock and key. It was a coincidence and nothing more that a DF rescue attempt just happened at the very second she went down. That event and even more so the BA raid have always been greatly exaggerated in this regards.

In addition I along with most others do not believe Avi's vision will come to pass. They are a cautionary view of the future that she will change with her actions.

ce Min

The problem wasn't her actions, it was her bulletproof mindset. If she continues to act like she cannot be killed or harmed as long as she is pregnant, something is bound to happen. After the capture by BA and the near-death in her own dungeons she has gotten a little better, but if she doesn't change her mindset she will end up biting off more than she can chew.

Elayne is guaranteed to survive for the simple reason that RJ wouldn't have spent so much time on her regaining the throne if a couple of months afterwards Elayne was to die and Andor was thrown into yet another succession.

With her twins born there wouldn't be another succession, a regent would be installed likely until the daughter is of age to gain the throne.

Of course there would be another succession. There's no way both Andor and Cairhien would accept 18 years of regency. Both countries would go up in flames.

Like I said common sense should be enough to tell us that Elayne's survival is pretty much guaranteed. The only one of Rand's girls who is in danger of dying is Min.

Archived