DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

DECEMBER DISCUSSION: How did you find Dragonmount?

Amadine

How did you find Dragonmount?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find Dragonmount? Post your specifics below...

• Search Engine
    • Friend told me about DM
    • Link from another WoT site
    • Twitter
    • Facebook
    • Something else?
    • From the back of a WoT book

Welcome to the first monthly discussion on the Intro board. These are designed to generate activity for both our new members and old. Feel free to ask questions and chat amongst yourselves, try to keep spam to a minimum though :)

How did you find Dragonmount?

I found DM through a google search too. I was looking for info on when the final book was to be released in the series. I found DM's tribute to RJ and discovered he had died. I was devastated. I lurked the DM forums for a few months then caved in and joined.

I found DM before Google or Facebook existed, I think. I went to Tor's site to see when the next book would be coming out and found a link to DM there. It was the first time I had looked at any kind of fan site for anything at all, and I didn't have the vaguest idea what to expect.

"the back of a book" should also be an option, because a friend told me about it, but then I forgot, but then it was mentioned at the back of one of the books and then I remembered and then joined that day :P

:tongue: check the poll options again wink.gif lol

google, looking for info on when the next book came out, by random accident happened upon the rp boards, read some stories, left, was bored some weeks after and went back too read more wot related stories, ended up stumbling upon wt division offsite, and from there into chat, where i met some of the regulars and i guess then was traped, soon after submited my bios for a set of twins one being a novice the other a trainee

I've been reading the books for a while and after TGS I thought I'd check online to see if there was any information or website dedicated to TWoT. When I found this website and read the news of RJ's (I hope that's ok to use) I was gutted. Prior to just taking a chance (as was my case) in a second hand book store I purchased the first book, I'd been reading the full collection of the lord of the rings (not just the 3 books) but the silmarillion, lays of belgariad, etc. and for me personally inside I needed an epic story (which you've gotta agree) it is but imho RJ to me is right there with JRR Tolkien.

I pose a question to the audience: (and maybe the board could throw up a poll)

In todays technological advances - is the book in the hand worth two in the internet bush?

The ancients.

• 2 weeks later...

I found Dragonmount not long after it came into being. I have no idea how I found it, since that was a long time ago. I doubt I used Google, since it had only just come online around the same time.

I've been lurking ever since, only actually signed up a year or so ago.

Archived