DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which of these characters will die?

myth87

Which of these characters will die?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these Light characters will not survive the LB?

• Rand
    • Perrin
    • Mat
    • Lan
    • Tam
    • Ituralde
    • Bashere
    • Moiraine
    • Siuan
    • Min
    • Elayne
    • Aviendha
    • Egwene
    • Nynaeve
    • Tuon
    • Faile
  2. 2. Which of these Dark characters will not survive the LB?

• Demandred
    • Lanfear/Cyndane
    • Graendal
    • Moghedien
    • Ishamael/Moridin
    • Shaidar Haran
    • Alviarin
    • Taim
    • Padan Fain
    • The DO
    • Slayer

I know I didn't get all the big light characters and probably not all the dark. But I am interested in seeing who people think will die and who will live. The last battle is obviously coming and it would be follish to think everyone will survive, I don't think RJ/BS would allow that.

Please feel free to leave your thoughts also.

I'm pretty sure Rand will die, and poss end up in T'A'R.

I think Min will die (Rand added her name to his 'list' in TGS).

I think Ituralde might be the Broken Wolf (must change my vote!)

Min's Viewing about Bashere rather suggests he'll die (even if he's not a DF :wink: )

SH will not survive the closing of the Bore.

Fain will die (please!), prob at Mat's hands rather than Perrin's.

I've a feeling Rand will kill Slayer.

I guess I don't get how this poll works, since only 12 members cast a vote, and 10 votes said Rand would die, yet that's just 20% of the votes? By my calculation that's closer to 80%.

I voted that all of the baddies would bite the big dusty one except the DO and only a smattering of the good guys, it would be more within RJ's MO to have bad guys die en mass. Look at the fight in T'A'R, I mean, who on the side of the Light died who was memorable? All we really got was a gratuitous Nicola dumb moment.

Rand is a dead cert, pardon the pun. I reckon Tam will bite the dust too. Faile please, please she must die. Most of the rest are almost speculation and those that we all wish would die. I didn't vote for Nynaeve but I would like her to die. I know a lot of people like her because she's a strong female character.

Interesting that Aviendha and Mat are the only characters without any votes so far. Mat is an obvious no die, but I was surprised to see Tuon.

As far as how the poll works I'm not certain myself. It allowed me to create it and allowed us all to select multiple characters. It tracts the number of people who voted for those characters which I think is the most important of all. 16 members have voted and 14 for Rand. So obviously, although probably a for sure, most think Rand will die. That is the element I think we should focus on. Not percentage. My two cents.

theres something about Padan Fain... he will survive... hes like a cockroch... i think he will survive but end up in a have life state...

mordin will die i think, tho can death die..? :tongue:

Also... demandred will die in an epic battle....

and i hope lanfear sacrifices herself to save rands life... that'll be an unexpected romantic twist, going on the motion that anyone who's in the shadows grasp can retern to the light... and who better than the person who unleashed the DO..?

The percentage seems to be based on the number of votes, not the number of voters, and is calculated separately for the two polls.

I think Rand will die, of course, but the poll asks who will not survive, and I think Rand will be alive at the end, which arguably counts as surviving. I also think the Dark One will survive. Other than that, I couldn't say for sure.

I voted for Ituralde only because I had to vote for someone on the side of the light. I realy don't think any of the major light characters will die. Rand will die but be reserrected/reborn so he survives. I can't see many of the dark forces surviving though. The DO obviously survives but gets sealed up again, but the others, I think they are all goners.

I'd almost like to see Rand die without resurrection... finnaly a story where the good guy does end up dead.

I don't know I kind of would like for Rand to Survive because after 13 going to be 14 books I have kind of feel for Rand. I mean he knows for the past few years that he is destined to die at the Last Battle. It would be nice for him to survive.

From Bookworm101:"and i hope lanfear sacrifices herself to save rands life... that'll be an unexpected romantic twist, going on the motion that anyone who's in the shadows grasp can retern to the light... and who better than the person who unleashed the DO..?"

I really like this.It would be very ironic to have this happen.Maybe having have Alivia help him ( Rand )die is some how going to be associated with Lanfear/Cyndane saving him.Maybe she kills Moridin and in that she will die.

Rand will survive though.Maybe not being able to channel and having Min,Avi.and Elayne with him will allow him to survive the loss of the Power.With Logain killing Taim and Rand not being able to channel he will become the strongest male "Aes Sedai" and he will unite the Black Tower and White as a final wish granted to Rand. I also believe Tam will survive.Would'nt be a "feel good" ending to have him bouncing Rands' children on his knee.A side note,Cadsuane I think will bond him for the last battle.Mat and Perrin will also survive but will all be estranged from each other.Perrin will lose Fail and become another Elias,a true wolfbrother and Mat will leave with Tuon to re-secure Seachan and the Chrystal Throne.

I also believe Tam will survive.Would'nt be a "feel good" ending to have him bouncing Rands' children on his knee.A side note,Cadsuane I think will bond him for the last battle.

Ah that's not fair, poor Tam! Cads would want to find some manners before he'd agree to that, unless she force-bonds him. Tam deserves better than being flung around by that old harridan. If he must be someone's Warder it should be to perhaps Leane, who would at least respect him. And as that waitress in Chachin said to Lan back in New Spring, she'd honour him til his knees wouldn't hold him up... I think Tam's been on his own long enough to deserve some fun!

There isn't a button for "most of them".

If so that is what I would pick. BS killed off almost all of the main characters at the end of one of his books (i won't say which one in case some haven't read it). Also, at the ToM book signing the first thing Harriet asked was something like "So how many of you thinks things will end well for Rand land".

I'm ok with some finding the mothers last embrace but I really don't want a slaughter house.

The only character I really wasn't to see die is Pedain Fain! (and maybe Gawyne)

I have a suspicion that Birgitte will die. Min's Viewings of her indicate that at some point in the future she will be reunited with GC, so she's still linked with him; and it's been confirmed that he's been reborn already AIUI. It seems likely the Wheel will want her back to be spun out again properly.

I also think Galad will die as a direct result of his having joined the Whitecloaks, per Egwene's dream of him 'wrapping himself in white as though putting on his own shroud.' (TSR11).

• 2 months later...

I posted Elayne to die out of spite because she is my LEAST favorite character out of the series and that's just wishful thinking.

For Rand... I am fairly positive that even after the books concludes no one will be able to answer the question "did he die?" with a simple yes or no. I think his body will be sacrificed and his soul will either end up trapped in the Bore with the DO or in T'AR. I neglected to check Lanfear/Cyndane because I think there is some possible chance of redemption for her; maybe if Rand does get banished to T'AR his and LTT souls will be separated, unless you believe they are one and the same, and Lanfear will end up happily with LTT.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted for Mat and Tuon among others, it would be really sad and a big twist since no one expects it.

I could see Demandred fighting Mat and Tuon being seconds too late to save him with the Seanchan army, which would then cause her to order her army to go mental on all the evil people, which would end in almost all Seanchan and her wiped out

I voted for a few Lightsiders, but I'm only really sure that Rand and Bashere will die. I think I voted for Nynaeve and Lan as well, but not as sure on them, and there are a few others who might well die (Tam, Ituralde, etc.) but I didn't vote for them. Not much to go on in those cases. If Gawyn had been an option I'd have voted for him. Voted all Darksiders. I really doubt any of the ones listed will survive. Interesting that Taim is the one folks seem most sure about.

I voted for Mat and Tuon among others, it would be really sad and a big twist since no one expects it.

We know per RJ they survive...

I feel like a right noob, I'm relatively new to the series (2 years) so I dont know most the things RJ said :/

I do think one major couples will die, just to spice things up a bit, maybe Rand will die or maybe Perrin.

I actually think Rand will but none of his girls

We know per RJ they survive...

I feel like a right noob, I'm relatively new to the series (2 years) so I dont know most the things RJ said :/

I do think one major couples will die, just to spice things up a bit, maybe Rand will die or maybe Perrin.

I actually think Rand will but none of his girls

Welcome to DM! If you are interested in checking out the various interviews Terez and some others did an awesome job on this...

http://www.theoryland.com/wheel-of-time-interview-search.php

Archived