DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I'm merging this board with Movies

Barmacral

As you may have noticed, I've recently merged the tv shows and sports forum. This forum and the movies forum both have the same issue as those did, namely not enough activity to warrant an entire forum on their own, but combined they can manage. Sometime in roughly two weeks from now, give or take, I will be merging them.

ugh...

I like this idea a lot less than TV/Sports merging

might I suggest you just merge all four boards and call it "Media"? I think I'd prefer that myself

That should be the next logical step, as I can see activity dropping even further because of this.

If either of you have suggestions to raise activity levels on these boards in order to justify keeping them seperate, I'd be happy to hear them.

Find someone(s) with time, interest and energy to promote the boards. I would also go with my old suggestion of adding another board under entertainment - Other books, to get more people to find their way here. (And if corki does not come back, take away music from the band and add it as yet another board). Look for people who seem to know what they are talking about, and ask them to post reviews of stuff.

I really think these board has a potential, if they are promoted the right way. But, merging boards will only serve to push people away.

• Community Administrator

Huh my reply never went through. Would have been before maj's.

My sugjestion?

Merge TV and Movies, that just makes sense.

Merge Sports with Video Games...Ther eboth games afterall... Plus I'm sure sports fans like to talk about madan video games...

I also mentioned that, books + Magazines are both techincally 'Media'.

i'm with Womby on this. bring the Chan back and treat it like the ACW guild instead of just a board. could call them the "Entertainment" or "media" guild and they could cover

- Sports

- Movies/TV

- Books

- Video Games

if not that, then i like Nol's suggestiong best. just go ahead and lump them all and make it a sub board for the GD. we'll just need to make sure certain threads stay stickied. like the tags for the gamming consoles, and probably Emp WoW tag thread as well, as those will be high draw in threads for the Entertainment section. maybe also sticky the "recently viewed" thread as well

tv/movie merge makes alot of since; but so does merging sports with TV because after all sports air on TV.

unsure what would make since to merge Games with, their kinda a genre of their own *shrugs* and out of the 4 original boards the games seemed to get the most focus so long as GoT's wasn't airing

another idea for activity is advertising the new release of something in the other groups. for instance, with the Hobbit comming out. the offical discussion for that movie could take place here and the week prior the leader of the entertainment boards could ask the other Org memebrs to post an ad for the event on thier boards. going on this Hobbit release, we could have a discussion on Tolkien and other related games/discussions here on boards to draw interst.

just apply this idea to any new series/game/book ect. and thats the main way to generate more foot traffic in this section.

which is why turnign it back into the Chan is a really good idea imo

Archived