DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand and Galad

Miseo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Rand does realize that Galad is his half-brother, and Galad has no way of possibly knowing that? I was having a conversation with my uncle and cousin today and the topic came up. I remember when Rand figured out who his mother was. I believe he then realizes Galad is his brother. But do they ever come out and say it ever? Do you think Rand is going to tell Galad? How will he react?

On a related note, is either Lan or Rand aware of their connection to Slayer? Now that I think about it I don't think any of the good guys are aware of the connection (well, maybe Verin). I remember Perrin noticing Luc's resemblance to Rand and Isam's resemblance to Lan, but I don't think Perrin ever quite put two and two together.

Maybe Galad knows already... He received a mysterious letter in ToM, probably sent by Verin. What was written in that letter is unknown to us yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if it said, among other things, that The Dragon Reborn and Galad are half-brothers...

Maybe Galad knows already... He received a mysterious letter in ToM, probably sent by Verin. What was written in that letter is unknown to us yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if it said, among other things, that The Dragon Reborn and Galad are half-brothers...

That would make sense, although I'm not sure what, if any, impact this would have on Galad. Still, as the leader of the Children, maybe being tied to the Dragon would focus the Children's zeal for combating the Shadow...

On a related note, is either Lan or Rand aware of their connection to Slayer? Now that I think about it I don't think any of the good guys are aware of the connection (well, maybe Verin). I remember Perrin noticing Luc's resemblance to Rand and Isam's resemblance to Lan, but I don't think Perrin ever quite put two and two together.

Lan and Rand aren't aware of Slayer existence yet... As is the custom in WOT -- no one tells anything to anyone. I believe Perrin mentioned talked about Slayer with Faile, but no one else.

Archived