DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gaming Sound: Which system

Stitch

Okay, I am faced with a dilemma people.... I have currently ordered a rather impressive little beast for my gaming needs, with one major problem.... I don't have a good sound system to go with it, nor do I know much about speaker systems... but I cannot have my smexy gaming unit running on some shiatty $10 stereo speakers (which was previously my sound-uberness) so please, oh please DM gaming folk, lend me your insight!!

I am willing to spend a few hundred if needed depending on the quality, but I am no audiophile, I almost only ever use my speakers for gaming.

• Community Administrator

personal preferance. a pair of Bose head phones and a really long cord :biggrin:

OTOH, the reciever we have at the house is nice, top of the line Sony reciever back in 07; about 6 imputs, HMDI capable and is able to attach 7 or 9 speakers. this is what we have in our den and it's great, though loud at times.

if anything, make sure you hook everything up with HDMI though; much better quality and less wires to deal with.

You're talking about PC gaming right? Idk too much about that, but on my Xbox I use a Turtle Beach X-41 headset. It is actually really really good, it has dolby 7.1 surround sound. I was absolutely amazed when I first plugged em in, so I wouldn't be too doubtful when it comes to a headset, plus, you don't have to worry about bothering other people.

Archived