DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of Chaos / Crown of Swords (chapter 1)

psychx

Well, haven't posted here in a while. I've been busy with life and reading. I just started the next book, A Crown of Swords. I think I'm in the first or second chapter; I forget. I just wanted to say, I think the (last?) chapter in the last book (Lord of Chaos) called, "Domani Wells" was by far the coolest thing I've read so far. Haha. The Asha'man (I think they are called that) are just awesome. Taim is also really surprising me; I had this weird feeling that he had some kind of contempt for The Dragon Reborn. Maybe I'm right, though - who knows? Anyway, I just wanted to discuss things up to here if anyone is interested.

Yea I have to say Dumais Wells was my favorite chapter until Rand goes to Maradon in ToM keep reading man it gets a little dull for a bit then all hell breaks loose lol

Yes, Dumai's Wells was a great scene. Sevannah and her lot get what they deserved. And Galina's lot as well. Still, many of the battle scenes have been very good. Rand turning the tide at the Eye/Tarwin's Gap (The Light Wills It!). In tGH, the whole ending sequence was fantastic: the boys sneaking into Falme, Ingtar's sacrifce, Egwene's escape, Mat's sounding of the Horn, the Heroes of the Horn riding forth, and the battle with Ishamael.

In tSR, Perrin and Faile's triumph in the Two Rivers was awesome, as were Mat's scenes in the battle around Cairhein in tFoH.

Still, I liked some of the other scenes best. Moiraine's storytelling at the beginning of the EotW. Rand's traveling through the history of the Aiel.

Well, haven't posted here in a while. I've been busy with life and reading. I just started the next book, A Crown of Swords. I think I'm in the first or second chapter; I forget. I just wanted to say, I think the (last?) chapter in the last book (Lord of Chaos) called, "Domani Wells" was by far the coolest thing I've read so far. Haha. The Asha'man (I think they are called that) are just awesome. Taim is also really surprising me; I had this weird feeling that he had some kind of contempt for The Dragon Reborn. Maybe I'm right, though - who knows? Anyway, I just wanted to discuss things up to here if anyone is interested.

Yep, Dumais Wells is one of the best bits throughout. There are better things to come though, trust.

*cough*cough*WintersHeart*cough*cough*

Yep, Dumais Wells is one of the best bits throughout. There are better things to come though, trust.

*cough*cough*WintersHeart*cough*cough*

+1 *whooping cough*

For me Dumai Wells was the best ending during my first read-through (In my country the first 6 books were released on the market in less than 6 months, and I had to wait for the others, so my first read-through ended with Dumai Wells). So, my opinion is that during the first reading the grand finales of the books are what is left in our heads. That is Dumai Wells, the end of book 9 (Whooping cough) and the end of book 12 (bloody tuberculosis coughs with bloody expectoration).

Otherwise, I agree that Book 4 and the scenes in the Aiel Waste are the best in the series, but I realized this when I was reading the books for the second time.

Archived