DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A new addict

Elden

Hello Dragonmount!

I have recently found out that I love Fantasy books :baalzamon: , I never read any fantasy stories before. But after watching a Game of Thrones on HBO, I picked up the rest of the books and loved them. A couple of months ago I asked at the book store if they could point me to any other long in depth fantasy books like a Game of Thrones, I bought the first one finished it in a week and loved it, went back and got the rest. That was expensive, so I figure this stuff really is a bit like crack. :wheel:

I have read up to the 9th book so far, I start it when I get home tonight! I was looking for Wheel of Time stuff online a few weeks ago and found this site (which is awesome) I spoiled myself in the forums a little so a backed off. But I just can't stop thinking about these books, its really cutting into my work. So here I am, I cant wait to catch up and join the discussion.

Hi all, thanks for the replies.

My Favorite forsaken so far it would be Mogheiden, I liked her conflicts with Nynaeve.

My least favorite character... thats tough, I really disliked Matt for most of the books but he has turned that around... I think I will have to say Elayne. I cant stand the snotty princess routine any longer, ugh.

My favorite Character is Lan, that guy is made of awesome, Thom is a close second though, I liked Rand for most of the books, but he is becoming a big jerk, but if he ends up cleaning Saidin like he said he would in book 9's prologue I may have to revisit this statement (just read it last night).

My favorite part is a toss up between Dumais Well's (EPIC!) and Rands trip through the sangreal in Rhuidean, the history of the Aiel was very well done.

As for questions, well I dont want spoilers but will we ever spend a decent amount of time at the Black Tower? I loved when Rand started the place, but we have barely seen it since. Also, I will probably have caught up with the Wheel of Time soon, what should I try next?

1 question my friends keep asking is if I will ever leave the house I again, I am starting to doubt that I ever will.

The Black Tower storyline develops some.

I recommend you do a reread actually. You can't SO MUCH MORE the second (or third... or fourth...) time around.

Brandon Sanderson's books are good. I've only read the Mistborn series so far, but it's pretty awesome

• 3 weeks later...

My name is Aiel Heart, and I am a WoTaholic. I don't know why I'm at this meeting, because I don't think it's a problem. Oh excuse me for a second, I need to check something on dragonmount for the next two hours.....

*Points* what she said :biggrin:

My name is Aiel Heart, and I am a WoTaholic. I don't know why I'm at this meeting, because I don't think it's a problem. Oh excuse me for a second, I need to check something on dragonmount for the next two hours.....

I don't think it's a "problem." Am I in denial?

I don't think it's a "problem." Am I in denial?

No you're in de amazon :P

Archived