DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Light vs Shadow] The battle for Ithillian

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find that to be making jokes which I feel okay with. I mean the whole big long scene story type thing. That was why I didn;t get involved in the scary story thing. I can do it in little chunks like the mansion. Maintianing that for a long time takes me forever cause I don't plan what comes out. I just gotta let it flow. It either works or it doesn't.

Thanks again about the sig. I really think you would have fun here. We have less structure but that means more freedom. You mentioned certain things need to occur before you will join. What would those be? you can PM it if you don't want it public.

I think one of her 'criteria' was to pull someone else along with her.

Hello Black Tower Members I believe I know most of you already besides Maw but only in the WT sense. Curious to get to know you all in this less structured arrangement. I have heard this place is awesome but I have no clue what faction I would side with. If I go strictly from the books I would have to say dark. They just seem to be runnin things in there. That place has become the center of my curiosity for the end of the series.

My question for you in regards to the factions is do you have constant competition between the two? Or like special competitive events and such? Or do you all just kind of goof off with each other?

Mills!!!

*hugs*

Come to check I am ok?

I have yet to be corrupted and they are all being very nice indeed. Nothing to worry about here, although it's always lovely to have a Der'Manshima around just in case.

:biggrin:

Apparently it's all to do with points. They give you points for just posting funny and interesting stuff. Some people seem to ask for them though - like pet treats. I have loads already. You would get bazillions in no time.

Hey Mills. Great to see you here. I will try to answer your questions first.

First of all, you don't have to choose a faction until you are promoted to Soldier. This initial time as a civilian lets you learn a little more about the Black Tower in general and the people in each faction. Then you can take some more time to make the right choice for you. Now I am a Storm Leader in the Shadow, so I may be a little biased. I won't try to sell you on the Shadow faction over the light at this time(we are running this joint tho). :biggrin:

With regards to the main question the answer is actually all three. There are certain events where there is structured competion, like this week. There are also ongoing competion between members primarily OP battles in the arena. There is also a lot of good natured ribbing between the factions. This is more an individual choice. some people are more serious about it than others.

We are all BT first and foremost, so the factions are mostly for fun. Many choose primarily based on who they want to RP.

I hope I have answered your queries reasonably. And I would be remiss if I did not offer you some of our Brownies, lightly tainted.

22046.jpg

tainted brownies?..........I do like brownies..........I mean, I know everyone likes brownies but I think it's a more transcendent thing for me. I go to this magical place with brownies...with sprinkles......and icing....*trembles slightly* and walnuts baked inside...mmmmm OH!! rocky road brownies with marshmallows and nuts and icing.......... *dazes off...............*

Hey Mills! How goes it mentor? Good to see you here checkin the place out, feel free to make yourself at home and enjoy some brownies :biggrin:

The BT really is a lot of fun, and we mostly just like to mess with each other (both lighties and shadowies I mean) but we're also fairly competitive. You're spot on that the Shadow runs this place, but it's no surprise with the M'Hael Tina leading us :myrddraal:

Feel free to ask any other questions you have, it'll be fun to swap roles as mentor and mentee for a bit :tongue:

Oh and I got a new avatar and siggy rotation guys! Turin I have a feeling you'll like one of em especially...

*appears before everyone as his fancloth cloak is removed*

Hmm, well I was wandering behind Mills to make sure he keeps himself out of trouble, but I did enjoy Ithi's lightsaber bout :p Generally, sparring, like your Op battles seem to catch my eye.

How does one progress ranks in the BT?

:happy: Hi Karas! It all comes down to the points and why we are so eager to get points. Everyone starts out as a Civilian with 10 points. You get points by signing into roll call, making hot threads, participating in games, discussions, competitions, OP battles or by making someone laugh/smile/chuckle, etc.

Hey Karas. You get points for various things. Starting popular threads, winning OP battles, playing various games, just doing anything that someone with points to hand out thinks is awesome. It could be a goos quote or a joke or a picture. The possibilities are endless.

More brownies Mills, you know resistance is futile.

brownies_08_w640.jpeg

Archived