DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[LIGHT VS SHADOW]: Masquerade ball!

Niniel

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Chuckles* Well that wouldn't work we'd need even lines--everyone with a partner :P

You'll get to dance with all of us anyway.

Ok.... Let me figure out how to explain this in text.... (next time I do this at one of my clubs I'll be sure to video tape it so y'all can say "ooooooooh!!!! THAT'S what she meant)

Two lines (ideally a men's line and a women's line). This section of stuff all happens simultaneously as a line

Meet your partner at the center, bow/curtsey to your partner, move back to original spot.

Dosey doe with your partner (oh btw, linking arms and swinging around is NOT a doseydoe. Dosey does are when you.... I really should be awake to do this... You sorta walk a circle around each other without turning. Sorry that probably makes no sense :P) and then go back to original spot.

Right arm link swing with your partner, go back to original spot

Left arm link swing with your partner, go back to original spot

Meet partner, join both hands, spin around, go back to original spot

(next part coming in a moment)

This little section is skipped a lot when I do this in clubs, but I'll include it anyway :P

(Now, each line has a head and a tail (the people at the ends). It's stated beforehand which end is head and which is tail.)

The head of the men's line and the tail of the women's line meet at the center, bow/curtsey, and then go back to their spots

Same with the head of the women's line and the tail of the men's line.

Then the two heads join hands and chasse (I think the common term for that is "gallop") down the center of the two lines and then back to their spots

This is where it gets fun for the leads.

They left arm swing with each other, then right arm swing with the next person of the opposite line, left arm swing with each other, right arm swing with the next person in line, so on and so forth.

(So the lady will end up right arm swinging with every person in the gentleman line and meet her partner in between each man. Same/opposite for the lead man)

Once the leads get through the entire line they join hands and chasse back to their lead spots, then part ways and...

Grah I'm going to butcher explaining this part.

Ok, the lead their lines out and around so both lines snake back towards where the tails though.

The leads join hands and make a tunnel for everyone else to go through

The heads are now the tails and the people who were next to them are now the heads

Repeat everything until you can't dance anymore

The end :P

*floats back down to the bar for a refill*

'Rebuff'?

*groans at terrible joke*

Oh dear ... That is not good news at all Despo. I seem to have missed all the drinking and dancing it seems, such is the way of timezones. It's going to take an absolute age for me and Hoofie to finish our semi-final.

How is Turin today?

I am well. I seem to have missed quite a bit as well.

*twaps Des* You should never burn bacon. It is a crime against humanity.

*gets on the stage and grabs the microphone*

Listen up everybody! I would like to take the opportunity to make it official:

Turin is the nicest man ever! He constantly cheers me up and gives me compliments. He is like a vitamin injection to my ego. He (and Maw of course) is the best SL any FL could wish for. And I know that there are others that agree with me.

:wub:

Archived