DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moghedian

cantodd

Original post was WAY nasty because I got kind of annoyed at having to read the same annoying/immature word over and over again. What are we 12?

So here's the edit:

I see a big elephant in the room here.

Good balances evil. Light vs. Dark. Creator vs. Dark One via Dragon & Ishy, and it's been that way since...Forever. The idea that Morishy could dole out the TP just seems off to me. The All Powerfuls are the Creator and the Dark One.

From that interview quoted above about Rand accessing the TP:

It’s very difficult (but not impossible) to channel the TP without the DO’s direct permission.

Is Rand's access to the True Power via his link with Moridin, created at Shadar Logoth?

No one may channel the True Power without the Dark One's permission, and Rand doesn't have that.

OK - Moridin. How/when did we all jump to the conclusion that suddenly he's not only a TP addict but also a dealer??? I don't like that idea at all. Unless RJ and BS have confirmed, I can't accept it. He's just not THAT powerful. He IS powerful, but if he's powerful enough to grant access to the TP, then what does he need the DO for?

If the question is, "who ELSE can grant access to the TP?" Then I think the answer has to be: the Creator.

Rand's getting the TP from the Creator. I think Rand talked about "Him" while filling himself with the stuff. I took "Him" to mean the Creator, not the DO.

OK - Moridin. How/when did we all jump to the conclusion that suddenly he's not only a TP addict but also a dealer??? I don't like that idea at all. Unless RJ and BS have confirmed, I can't accept it. He's just not THAT powerful. He IS powerful, but if he's powerful enough to grant access to the TP, then what does he need the DO for?

Moridin isn't granting access, Rand gets it through the link that was formed between the two at Shadar Logoth.

If the question is, "who ELSE can grant access to the TP?" Then I think the answer has to be: the Creator.

Rand's getting the TP from the Creator. I think Rand talked about "Him" while filling himself with the stuff. I took "Him" to mean the Creator, not the DO.

Suttree already responded as to the basic premise which make this little theory useless.

But also, the TP comes directly from the Great Lord. It's not some power ephemeral power the Great Lord grants access to, it is the Great Lord's power.

Archived