DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Scottish Fan

mikeyquinn

Hi everyone, pretty old fan of the series, had the books sitting in storage for a long while, just recently got them out again, and reading them with the mindset of a 22 year old rather than a 15 (maybe) year old, has made me appreciate them so much more, only problem with the books is no one i know reads them D: So its nice to find a community dedicated to what i consider the best fantasy epic ever written, anyway, cheers guys!

hahaha yeah, i noticed the spoiler, but didn't notice the "ToM" bit lol. But thankfully, it was a spoiler only in that it made me want to read on, just so i can find out, and i can certainly agree with that, the 6 or so years between my readings have made it so that although i know the general story, its almost new, and of course i have the books i haven't actually read yet to come :D :D :D

I still find stuff I never noticed before on every read through. Tiny things mostly, like a brief mention of Elyas and his Aes Sedai in The New Spring. I think I squee'ed like a girl :unsure:

Anyhoo, welcome to DM! :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Jordan created an amazing culture with the Aiel. They are reminiscent of the Fremen from Frank Herbert's Dune. I think it's cool to see influences from previous great authors in any modern literary work. I absolutely LOVE the WoT series and re-read the entire series evertime a new book is due to come out, so it is all fresh in my head. LOL

Archived