New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure my "fan cred" is pretty feeble compare to most of you. Ten years ago I began reading The Wheel of Time but I stopped somewhere during Crossroads of Twilight. (Please don't ask why: I no longer remember.) But now I have a full set of the wonderful audiobooks and I'm letting them read the books to me. This way, I'm getting through about two books a week, and right now I'm starting Crossroads of Twilight again.

And once again I'm a bit in awe of the detailed world that Robert Jordan created. The breadth of cultures and the depth of the detail is impressive.

Beyond saying that, I don't have much to say to introduce myself.

Hi Wes and welcome to the DM forums.  :smile:  I still haven't read the last book and I started reading them from when they were first published so I wouldn't worry about it. We all get there in our own time. You're right about Jordan's attention to detail though. It was what captured me from the first moment I picked up EotW. Glad you're enjoying your second experience of them. I've heard a few people comment on how much they like audio versions.

Do stop by the Social Groups and say hi. You'll find most Randland groups, from the Black Tower to the Wolfkin represented on the boards. If you get stuck there's usually someone to answer questions but please don't feed the Staff, some of them bite. If you prefer to write, you might like to check out the Dragon Reborn Portal Stone World which is our Role Play section and also has all the different groups represented. That's my area of responsibility so feel free to shout if I can help.

You might want to be careful around the discussion and debate boards in case of spoilers since you haven't finished the series yet. Go forth and explore, have fun and make yourself at home.  :laugh:

Welcome to Dragonmount !

Well it took me a while to finish the series lol

So, as Tay said, don't worry about not having read all the books yet.

Don't hesitate to ask us any question you may have :biggrin:

... and yes, mind the staff ...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Axel

Noob here. HELLO. 

I was recommended this series a few years ago after many years withdrawal symptoms for GOT. A friend and I both started reading at the same time and I was loving it until about half way through the first book and then I just put it down.... for about 2 years... whilst my friend carried on. 

Anyway... I forced myself to pick it back up and oh my gosh am I glad I did! Just started TSR and still start sulking when I have to put it down to work... sleep... eat and so on. 

Also super excited for the TV series. Fingers crossed they do it justice. 

Welcome to Dragonmount!

We are excited to have you. You might want to stay away from the discussion groups for now, so as not to spoil the series for you.

The social groups are fun and are based on the Wheel of Time, but have lots of other activities. Just a heads up that you won;t be able to see all of the boards unless you become a member.

If you have any questions, please ask.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Actually found WOT randomly in early 2000s and couldn't put series down until caught up for crossroads release. Re-read at least once or twice amd have greatly enjoyed.

Been a bit since last signed in but got up to many antics in Band. Possibly caused some tolerating grins on a couple of Aes Sedia while a novice... but fireworks and such are a tale for another time.

• 4 weeks later...