DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The History of the White Tower Org

North Star

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty dang hard to visit your Ajah when you haven't got the permissions for the boards anymore Boopsy ;)

Dwyn <3

Mystica, I'm good thanks. Currently living in South Korea teaching English to a bunch of unruly Korean school kids. And I have been inactive for oh... about 3 years now! I'm doing a re-read and got all nostalgic...

*is dragged in still attached to Boopsy's chains*

:blink:

Hi Niamh,

I'm Ithi, 2nd newest Blueberry :smile:

I already posted in the Ajah that you had been 'Spotted' but I wasn't sure if you still had your permissions.

Would you like me to send a request to get you added back ... pretty please? This will totally make everyone's day.

:biggrin:

Yay!!!

*goes to read the devilishly hard looking intructions and then poke the Ewok till he actions the request*

Hmmmmm, if you can't see the Ajah at all, you will probably need WT ORG access too. I think you have to post in the 'New and Returning Members Thread at the the top of the WT Board to sort that out ....

:biggrin:

I will start planning your Welcome Home Party immediately. And Siggys, lots of new sparkly siggys ....

Well, I've been away a VERY long time so losing my permissions isn't a huge surprise ;) Last time I was here, Kathana was Amyrlin, Dwynwen was the Keeper and Charis was still Blue!

I think I asked in the right place anyway. Let's hope they are nice to me, haha.

Elgee is our current Amyrlin, which is the second one since Kath deserted. (yes, I call it desertion, no matter that she calls it resigning).

Dwyn ran away with a bald guy but then I think the guy grew his hair back, because she returned.

As for me, I still have no life which should be obvious as I'm still in the same place as three years ago lol. I'm coming up on my 5th year as Head, if you can believe it. :look

Well, I've been away a VERY long time so losing my permissions isn't a huge surprise ;) Last time I was here, Kathana was Amyrlin, Dwynwen was the Keeper and Charis was still Blue!

I think I asked in the right place anyway. Let's hope they are nice to me, haha.

Your access should be sorted. ;-) Welcome back!

The History of the Niamh's is a touch complicated ;)

Back in 1999 or whenever DM started that was a GREEN Niamh. Called Mandi. This is not me. ;)

Back in 2004, I joined. I'm BLUE and I'm Hannah. Oh and I'm pretty sure the other one was American. I'm British. Also, her handle was JUST Niamh. I'm Niamh Sedai.

Clear as mud, isn't it? :D

And Corki, you're not old. You are ancient. Accept it. ;)

It's very easy to become well-informed about someone when everyone thinks you are that person ;) I believe she popped in for a visit in about 2006...

I was active 2004-2009 so most people know me rather than old unless they joined prior to that!

• 3 years later...

Oh, it is nice to see all of this old info.

I joined sometime back in 2001, and while I was split between the White and Red Ajahs, I finally chose Red in the end. :) Kathana was Amyrlin, Sabine the MoN. I mostly stuck to the RP side of things, but the social group has always been nice too. ^^

Rotfl

"Because Red Ajah members do not traditionally bond warders, members of the Red Ajah decided to take on love slaves instead. Only the best of the best were chosen as love slaves. Their uniform was a leopard print thong and a feather fan. Their duties included peeling grapes, fanning the Red Aes Sedai, and looking sexy."

History of the Brown Ajah

In the Wheel of Time books the Brown Ajah is known for seeking out knowledge and appears to be unaware of what is going on around them. The Brown Ajah at Dragonmount also seeks out knowledge if not exactly in the same way. According to the member profiles the whole Ajah seems to enjoy reading and many of the members teach not only school, but also music, foreign languages, and many other activities. Most of the members of the Brown Ajah chose to join because they felt at home with others that enjoyed books, knowledge, learning from each other, and chocolate.

In the past the Brown Ajah was known for many things. They were at one time the largest and most active Ajah at Dragonmount. Almost every staff member from Keeper to Librarian was a Brown. There trademark was handing out brownies, so much so that other Ajahs were not allowed to give out brownies at all. Browns like all things chocoalate and at one time had a whole online cookbook of chocolate recipes that had been posted by members of the Ajah. At this time Jeannaisais Sedai is in charge of all Chocolate Rooms at Dragonmount.

Another old tradition is the Browns being known as the sexXxy Ajah, because as we all known knowledge is sexy. The Brown Ajah members were known as the “S&M dominatrix type Sisters.†It also seems that people would make jokes about whip cracks and screams keeping the Tower up at night. This reputation attracted The Children of the Light. Soon the Brown Ajah had a special friendship with them included trips to the Brown Quarters™ for good behavior. There is also a running joke about Brown Ajah slumber parties and brown sequined small clothes, but that is all that is known about that.

What would a history be without a listing of the leadership throughout history. With that in mind I have compiled a list of the Heads of the Brown Ajah starting at the beginning of known records first was April, then Serafelle, followed by Yveva, Swani , and currently Karana Majin. The most current list of members can be found at http://www.farstrider.org/BrownAjah/members.htm. Biographies for many members can also be found here.

Researcher: Tabby Jae

Fascinating. I'm not all that interested in BDSM but we can certainly try to live up to image.

Archived