DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello there!

Faline

Hello everyone, I am Faline and I think I'm not really new here but yet I am. Seemingly I registered about a year ago, but I could almost swear that it was only couple of months ago. Usually I don't bother to sign in, I just browse (and listen to the podcasts!). I love this community, but I guess I wasn't ready to believe that the WoT forum in my native language (I'm from Finland [so excuse my English]) is dying and there are like four active members ("active" = visits the place once in two months) and it was stupid to stick to that place only... I need someone to talk about WoT because I'm obsessed and none of my real life friends has read it so... God I'm talking too much.

Soyeah, I'm from Finland, I study in a university majoring in literature, I go in for music and I play the French horn, I love drawing and painting, I love dogs and... I began to read WoT when I was 11 or 12, right after I read the LOTR for the first time, and it has been in my life ever since. Sometimes it has been more like a love-and-hate -relationship, now it's mostly just love. But I love the whole genre of fantasy. And I love books. That's why I study literature!

Maybe I'll become more active here. DM will probably make my wait for AMoL a lot easier. I was glad to hear that I wasn't the only one who cried in a certain scene in ToM...

I like Rand and Tam and Logain and Lan, I would be in Blue Ajah but I think the White Tower sucks so perhaps I wouldn't be in Blue Ajah because I wouldn't be and Aes Sedai, I hate Lanfear and Taim, I think Perrin is boring and I laughed then RJ died (because me and my friend had a bet about that). My favourite books are TSR and TGS. I love Blind Guardian and their songs about WoT in their newest album. I have drawn some fanart about WoT, I got them in DeviantART. I read WoT Wikia regularly. And now I'm hungry and I will go get myself breakfast and wonder what's gone over me and how come I wrote this much. It was supposed to be just a brief introduction.

Guest Nyanko_Susu

well, welcome to DM! i don't think this forum will die anytime soon and there are a lot of people to talk to here! :wink:

so, stick around and have fun! ^^

En olisi uskonut näkeväni ketään muita suomalaisia täällä!!

*sniff*

Welcome to DM, Faline :))

You study literature? I've been thinking of something like that too (want to be a librarian)

Who is your favourite Forsaken?

Feel free to ask if you've got any questions!

I hope you will like it here!! ^^

Wow so many replies. :D I really feel welcome! I'm definitely gonna stick to here. Thank you everyone!

PoInT, the scene that made me cry was chapter 13 (For what has been wrought). I'm not sure if it's allowed to talk about spoilers here so I say no more.

Enkä minä odottanut saavani tervetulotoivotusta toiselta suomalaiselta. :) Oikein hauska tutustua! Mutta näin käy kun kotimainen fandom hiipuu.

Yeah I think I could work in a library too, might be a very possible career for me, but I guess my dream would be to work as a publisher (and I would fix the horrible injustice about the last three WoT's not being translated into Finnish) and obviously... to be an author. :]

My favourite Forsaken... Ishamael/Moridin and Asmodean at least. Graendal is like a cockroach, she just won't be dead, I kinda like it.

Elgee, I don't like White Tower because I don't like Aes Sedai because they think they're the centre of the world and that they can pull all the strings that they are generally just so much better than anyone else and that Aes Sedai has to be... like they are. They stick to old habits and traditions and just want to keep going as the queens of the world. I hope Egwene is gonna change the Tower for the better.

And BTW, nice trivia... I named my motorbike Tai'daishar. How cool is that.

Welcome to DM Faline!!!

I love dogs

*rrrolls over and begs forr a belly scrrratch* :wub:

I was glad to hear that I wasn't the only one who cried in a certain scene in ToM...

Arrr you know, I think everrryone at least snifflfed at that... *wipes a tear away with a claw*

White Tower sucks so perhaps I wouldn't be in Blue Ajah because I wouldn't be and Aes Sedai, I hate Lanfear and Taim, I think Perrin is boring

Fairrrr enough – but I think you should still check out the White Towerrr Social Grrroup. It’s not like in the books, the Aes Sedai arrrre awesome and the Rrrreds even snugglebite. And therre’s a huge Halloween parrrty going on therrre at the moment and you’rrre morrre than welcome to join in!

Perrrsonally I like Perrrin, might be in my blood, but differrrent people, differrrent liks :biggrin: I don’t like Taim or Lanfearrr either...grrrrrr

And BTW, nice trivia... I named my motorbike Tai'daishar. How cool is that.

Love it! Harrharr, you gotta let me have a drive sometime – or maybe not. I fearrrr my claws might scrrratch the leatherrr.

What are your favorite characters and parts?

I think I already answered to that. ;)

At the moment I'm rereading the series (Path of Daggers in progress) and my favourites might change when I remember again the parts that I had forgotten. With the characters and books it is sometimes really hard to say, because all the characters develop for the better or worse, and every books is different and good (or bad) for different reasons. Even the characters I don't like have their glory moments that I like.

*rrrolls over and begs forr a belly scrrratch* :wub:

Awwwwwwwwww *scrrrrrratches and gives a fleshy bone* :happy:

I knew there are also these social groups, at least vaguely remembered something like that (you know, I have been around but not signed in) but as you probably all realized, I was talking about the institution in the books and I don't really identify with Aes Sedai although channelling would be cool. It might well be that I will be seen in the White Tower of DM (but I'm not that much into Halloween, we don't really spend it here in the northern backwoods).

Yeah I think I could work in a library too, might be a very possible career for me, but I guess my dream would be to work as a publisher (and I would fix the horrible injustice about the last three WoT's not being translated into Finnish) and obviously... to be an author. :]

YES!!!!

And tons of luck to you :))

Archived