DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wagon loads of Angreals from Rhuidean

nool

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I'm new here and haven't really figured out where or how to search for information.

Anyhow, one thing that has been bugging me when reading the series for the first time are all the angreals that Moraine ships to Carhien in Kadere's wagons.

What do actually happen to them? If I haven't overlooked some passage of the books, the last time they are mentioned is when Moraine and Laenfir fight it out in the harbour of Carhien. Is it implied that they were shipped off to Tar Valon after that?

RJ stated that they are in a warehouse in Cairhein which Rand has warded. In addition they were mostly ter'angreal, not angreal (or if thats what you meant, the fan shorthand for all three--angreal, ter'angreal and sa'angreal--is *angreal). :)

RJ stated that they are in a warehouse in Cairhein which Rand has warded. In addition they were mostly ter'angreal, not angreal (or if thats what you meant, the fan shorthand for all three--angreal, ter'angreal and sa'angreal--is *angreal). :)

Many thanks Luckers! This really have been bothering me, so it's great to finally know!

Did not know the *angreal shorthand, but it does make sense ;-) I did indeed mean to imply all three forms of *angreals and will use it from now on.

I'm glad I didn't miss anything from the books and that special RJ inside info was needed to know this!

The interesting thing about that potentially is I'd swear there was mention of a crystal chair/throne/thing sitting in the square in Rhuidean before Moiraine made off with everything, and I don't recall Avi or anyone else seeing it there afterwards, so maybe it made the trip to Treekiller-ville as well.

The interesting thing about that potentially is I'd swear there was mention of a crystal chair/throne/thing sitting in the square in Rhuidean before Moiraine made off with everything, and I don't recall Avi or anyone else seeing it there afterwards, so maybe it made the trip to Treekiller-ville as well.

I had forgotten that, if I remember correct it was made of red crystal?

That's what I was thinking, too... having difficulty envisioning the chain of events that leads to it going from a warehouse in Cairhien to fortuona's palace in Ebou Dar. Of course Elayne or someone on her behalf could find it, but I can't see them thinking 'Why don't we send it to the Seanchan Empress?'

From looking through Encyclopaedia's pages, I found just these crystal items::

-the Crystal Throne in Seandar (capitol of Seanchan contenant)

-a clear crystal rod (stolen from White Tower)

The only other chair like item they list is the Chair of Remorse (in White Tower).

tFoH "The Fifth I Give You"

Some of the load was wrapped carefully or packed in boxes or barrels that Kadere had brought into the Waste full of his goods, and some was simply stuck in wherever it would fit, odd shapes of metal and glass, a red crystal chair, two child-sized statues of a nude man and woman, rods of bone and ivory and strange black materials in varying lengths and thicknesses. All sorts of things, including some Egwene could hardly begin to describe.

Archived