DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rands ladies

Colonel Gooch

Rand has three lovers and my question for all of you is if you had to pick just one of them for him to end up with who would you pick. I know he'll most likely end up marrying all three its just a theoretical question.

So Min, Aviendha, or Elayne. And let us know why.

I would pick Min. If he still dreams of going back to a normal life and just being a shepherd in some quiet out of the way place, she would be the one most happy doing that. He's also spent the most time with her, and therefore developed the deepest relationship with her. He's hardly spent any time at all with Elayne comparatively, and since Aviendha has stopped living with him as his teacher he hasn't really been too close to her.

I agree Rand is lucky as hell not having to pick between the three. Elayne gets bashed alot on dragonmount from what i've noticed but i'd pick her, im not sure why i've always thought she was the best. Shes moody and all but what bloody woman isn't. I have nothing against Min I think shes awesome too, but Aviendha kinda scares me she's too aggresive.

Rand would have to watch his back in Andor if he didn't pick Elayne, I doubt she'd take it lightly, hime walking out on their unborn children. :biggrin:

well maybe he gets to save his elenya this time. and maybe all the foreshadowing with how she knows she'll live cause her babes are born healthy, when the vision clearly doesn't say that at all amounts to a red herring.

but you can just never read that part again if it happens and write them happily ever after in your head.

though keeping 3 women from killing each other and him might be more curse than blessing in the long run. i can't see them sharing a house, but i guess that's another bonus of traveling.

well maybe he gets to save his elenya this time. and maybe all the foreshadowing with how she knows she'll live cause her babes are born healthy, when the vision clearly doesn't say that at all amounts to a red herring.

but you can just never read that part again if it happens and write them happily ever after in your head.

though keeping 3 women from killing each other and him might be more curse than blessing in the long run. i can't see them sharing a house, but i guess that's another bonus of traveling.

As soon as I read that I just knew Elayne was going to get killed off!! But then, how will Rand survive the Warder bond if she dies?

I love Aviendha but she's too complicated, too many cultural clashes going on there.

Whereas Min is the girl-next-door, the one he has always been 'Rand' with. With Aviendha he's the Car-a-carn, or 'Rand al'Thor', and with Elayne he's the Dragon Reborn (c'mon, Elayne - with a sheepherder??). So yep, another vote for Min!

Isn't there something about all three of them standing around a rock covered grave. Or three women standing over his own grave. Didn't Min view that about him when they first met? So that means that three of them live long enough to see Rand dead. And since it's a grave that would probably mean it will happen after TG.

Min or nobody. That is to say, either he "dies" in the end and slips off quietly from all three.. well from everyone.. or he brings Min along with him. Otherwise, It'd just be an impossible life for them to live. Quite frankly I don't think Elayne and Avi' are anything other than breeding stock for the Wheel to create lots of Dragonspawn.

Their relationships with Rand always have seemed a little forced. Min's has a better flow and natural feeling to it. There's just something about the girl next door that will always beat the exotic.

Id say Aviendha. Taller, alot more fit + I like mindgames xD

Her (4?) babies are bound to be IMBA channelers!(Ruidian visit showed us) I also like the Aiel sense of honor, hopefully taught to their kids...

About the 3 all living after the last battle or not, we have Nicolas foretelling:

"The lion sword, the dedicated spear, she who sees beyond. Three on the boat, and he who is dead yet lives."

IMO this is quite certainly Elayne, Avi, Min.

So we are if the world is not undone, probably going to see the sharing after all.

Each of the three matches to a different part of who he is. Elayne is the consort of the king, proud and wise. Aviendha is the consort of the warrior, ruthless in battle and merciful in victory. Min is the consort of the shepherd, a good man forced to become more than he wants to be.

The correct answer is that he lives with Min, and makes regular booty calls to the others.

The correct answer is that he lives with Min, and makes regular booty calls to the others.

^^^Tough life, that. It reminds me of Mel Brooks as Louis XIV in History of the World - "It's good to be the King" - as he goes around lifting the skirts of any woman that takes his fancy.

Your thoughts on the final outcome for Randland are along the same lines as mine, only I think Rand will likely lose his Ta'verenness, which will likely loosen strings that bound both Avi and Elayne to him... "No booty calls for you, Mister!" will be Elayne's words to him.

About the 3 all living after the last battle or not, we have Nicolas foretelling:

"The lion sword, the dedicated spear, she who sees beyond. Three on the boat, and he who is dead yet lives."

IMO this is quite certainly Elayne, Avi, Min.

Nicola's foretelling is also what leads me to believe that they'll all live through the TG, but his death and resurrection/rebirth/resuscitation will cause him to lose his ta'veren nature, much like being stilled removed the 3 oaths from Suain and Leane.

Quick digression: The three AS that Rand stilled at Dumai Wells - does anyone remember/know whether they were black ajah?

Cat, meet pigeons..

The lion sword.. don't think Elayne has ever held a sword, literally or metaphorically. Birgitte would be a better fit.

The dedicated spear.. Avi isn't a Maiden of the spear any more, and wasn't at the time of the Foretelling.

She who sees beyond.. could be Egwene the Dreamer as much as Min.

Just thought I'd stir it up a bit.. :wink:

In any case.. will Rand still be alive to choose?

Min. She is nice, sympathetic and sane.

That's only half serious. I do not hate the others. I like them a lot, just not as much as partners for Rand as I do Min. Min is obviously the kind of partner the Dragon Reborn need the most.

Haha. I've always seen the other two like breeding stock though.. But maybe that's harsh.

I just don't see any 'real' connection to Avi and Elayne, more like he has to have a queen has to have a warrior to complete the ultimate circle of women. Cause the most important character in the series cannot possibly just settle for one girl.. Min's the only one he actually seems to spend time with though so she wins in my book.

Archived