DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hey DM!

Jensine

Hey y'all! New member but been stalking the forums a couple of days now, decided it was time join =)

I'm pretty (very) new to the books. That I only had to wait a month for Towers of Midnight after finishing TGS should say something.. BUT that doesn't make me any less in love with them =) I adore fantasy and sci-fi, but as it happens I don't really know anyone else who does. I tried to get my sister to read WoT. She got as far as Fires of Heaven.. half-way through she quit. Embarrassing really.

Fav character has got to be Mat, at least from Shadow Rising - onwards. Though I do admit having a thing for the Randman too.

Least fav has got to be.. Padan Fain. Used to be Egwene but it's fun seeing Rand outdoing her so she's up a notch.

Oh and I'm from Stockholm in the chilly country of Sweden =)

Cheers!

Welcome to dm :)

Which parts would you say are your favorites?

And there are newer people--a few people have joined only being partway through the first book!

And we've all had those failed attempts. Don't let them get you down :)

If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Guest Nyanko_Susu

Hey Jensine! Welcome to DM!

Always glad to see new members joining. I've also browsed the forum a bit before I finally joined and I'm not through with the series yet either.

However, I don't think I could ever give 'em up! Yah, well, everyone is wired differently. :wink:

Why does everybody have favourite characters (already)? Mine always seem to be the ones that either only make short/random appearances or don't reappear at all... :unsure:

But Mat IS great, I'll admit.

I've been to Sweden once, but don't ask me where. It's been more than 10 years ago, so I don't remember. But it was a great stay - our first trip to Scandinavia.

Well, have a good time here and keep enjoying those books! ^^

Welcome to DM, Jensine!!

You're from Sweden? Again one of my neighbours!! :)) Nice!! ^^

Who is your least-favourite character? If you have one, of course :)

Do you have a favourite Forsaken? (I almost wrote 'Forksaken' lol) biggrin.gif

Feel free to ask if you've got any questions about DM!

I hope you will like it here!!

Welcome Jensine. New to the series or old doesn't matter. We all have an affection for these books and are glad to have another crazy person to talk to about them. Also talk about other things. There is plenty going on in the discussion boards. There are lots of fun people in the Social Groups. We have a Swede in my first group, the Black Tower. She is amazingly funny. There is also a RP community if you are into that.

Have fun looking around the corners and ask any questions you may have.

Thanks all! :)

Aiel Heart, seems like I'm not a rookie to the series then ^^

My favorite parts have got to be the ones with Mat and Birgitte! I just love the pair of them together :) They bring out the best in each other.

Nyanko, don't worry, I won't interrogate you about Sweden ;) Besides, even if you told me I doubt if I would know were it was :P I'm not too great about my own country ^^' Whenever I begin a book I usually just grab on to the main character in the beginning as my favorite :P But yeah, as the series progress I've fallen for Mat more. And Birgitte! :D

Erica you should definitely choose Sweden! :D Though I do admit to being a bit partial on that.. Sweden is a lovely country if you like nature and long, snowy winters :)

Another Swede :D Ledinna, where in Sweden are you from? My favorite forsaken is definitely Moridin! I just love his philosophical chit-chats in the middle of everything.

Hey Turin! Can I ask, how do these social groups work? Can you only join one or how is it..?

Thanks again for the welcome :)

You can join 1 or all. I am in two. The Black Tower and the White Tower. Aiel Heart is in ALL of them. Basically you go to the main board look around(make sure to read the pinned topics on top so you learn the rules for that group as some have different policies). If you want to join, there will be a joining thread. Sign up, then someone will elcome you to the group and sign you up for access to that groups private boards. Then you can meet all those people and have fun with them. The Black Tower is full of people that like to spam and just are a little crazy. We all blame the Taint. The WT is more discussion oriented but there are plenty of places to just have fun there too. I hope that helps.

Ledinna is from Finland. I'm not sure where. But she is cool so it must be where the cool kids live. :biggrin:

Hi there and welcome to DM, Jensine :biggrin:

If you are interested in joining any of the Social Groups, I would suggest having a look at the pinned topics on their boards, and maybe hanging out a bit at each one's main boards. You'll soon get a feel for what each one is about, and of course you can always ask questions as well.

My favorite parts have got to be the ones with Mat and Birgitte! I just love the pair of them together :) They bring out the best in each other.

Those of you not beyond WH cover your eyes!!!

I actually thought she would end up being the Daughter of the Nine Moons for a while. I mean, I know she was/is with what's-his-face for eternity but she and Mat just seemed so.... cohesive. :P

Ledinna is from Finland. I'm not sure where. But she is cool so it must be where the cool kids live. :biggrin:

Whoa!! Thanks Turin! biggrin.gif Friend request sent :DD

Yeah, so far I've met maybe five Swedes but absolutely no Finns... But I think all Swedes as my neighbours they are so happy and nice people! happy.gif

Thanks Elgee! :D

I actually thought she would end up being the Daughter of the Nine Moons for a while. I mean, I know she was/is with what's-his-face for eternity but she and Mat just seemed so.... cohesive. :P

One would think though that she'd want to try something else ones in a while.. :P Ah well, at least there's one year left of unlogical wishing left. Cause anything can happen right? :)))

Turin Turambar, on 27 October 2011 - 04:34 PM, said:

Ledinna is from Finland. I'm not sure where. But she is cool so it must be where the cool kids live.

Whoa!! Thanks Turin! Friend request sent :DD

Yeah, so far I've met maybe five Swedes but absolutely no Finns... But I think all Swedes as my neighbours they are so happy and nice people!

Aha ok! ^^ And now I got the neighbour thing :D Where in Finland are you from? I've been to Åbo once, but I dunno if that counts ;P

Ah well, at least there's one year left of unlogical wishing left. Cause anything can happen right? :)))

LOOOOOOOOOOVE :P

Yes, love this to. Hello Jensine! What a great pleasure to meet you! Checkin out the White Tower group and it seems awesome. Going to have an epic Halloween event this Monday, starring me of course......andsomeothersupportingactors... Should stop by and chack it out.

Now enough of that. I used to love Egwene. The way she razzed her little town mates was hilarious. I cannot stand her now and I think has become th most arrogant female character in all of Rand Land. hahahaha, Mat is always awesome. I love the depth this guy gave all his characters. Even the supporting characters you know SOME of there story. It's very rich.

Thanks Elgee! :D

One would think though that she'd want to try something else ones in a while.. :P Ah well, at least there's one year left of unlogical wishing left. Cause anything can happen right? :)))

Aha ok! ^^ And now I got the neighbour thing :D Where in Finland are you from? I've been to Åbo once, but I dunno if that counts ;P

I've been there too, beautiful old town, it is. But I live near Jyväskylä, pretty much in the middle :P

Greetingth Jenthine,

That ith a beautiful name you have. Wherever did you find it? My earthtwhile friend TiM hath managed to get here before me it theemth, although you may not have notithed him. He ith a little vague at timeth.

Tho many people have menthioned thith White Tower. I have had a little peruthal of it'th Boards, and dithcuthionth do not seem to be a mainthtay at all. There theemth to be thome thtrange kind of aucthion happening and an awful lot of pink for thome reathon. I think we may jutht have to take over ... but don't tell the management - they can get a little upthet about thingth like that. Come vithit it on Monday and i'm thure that we can have a lot of fun.

Thee you thoon.

Igor

3petMonster2.gif

Hello therrre Jensine! Welcome to DM!

Hehe, I like stalking round this place as well. Stalking's good. :tongue:

Yep, Padan Fain has got to be my least favourite character as well...scares the willies outta me. (Don't tell my fellow monsters I said that.) :wink:

I am still waiting for Egwene to redeem herself by taking her behaviour down a bit. Because she is a great character, but I think the arrogance is overshadowing her good qualities a bit. Hmm…

Cause anything can happen right? :)))

Haha, grrrreat! I also looo*howls*oooooooove this statement :biggrin::hopper: I can’t wait for aMoL *stares longingly at the moon, which, in my eyes, has the picture of a wolf in it. Really.*

Enjoy yourself! :biggrin:

Archived