DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Introduction

rsines

Hey everyone,

My name is Richard and I'm a recent college graduate from the Univ. of Puget Sound in Washington state, living in Seattle at the moment. I've read the WoT series countless times since middle school and am currently rereading the series before the release of A Memory of Light. Having been such an avid WoT fan for the last decade, I can't believe I never ran across nor heard of the Dragonmount community. I'm looking forward to perusing everyone's forums, and am excited to have an outlet to discuss my own thoughts and opinions. Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson and the world they've created have been a huge part of my life, it's great to see so many others have been able to share it.

If I had to choose, I'd say The Shadow Rising and Towers of Midnight are my favorites. Perrin, Verin, and Thom are my favorite characters.

Cheers all,

Richard

Welcome WaWolf. Awesome that you are rereading again. I did a complete one not too long ago. What would you say drew you to those characters?

Have a great time exploring the discussion boards. You can also check out the discussion boards and the Role Playing area. If you have questions, just go ahead and ask. Someone will get you the answer.

Which parts in particular do you like in those books?

How did you eventually end up finding us? We're glad you did!!!!! :D

Welcome to dm. If you have any questions feel free to ask

Thanks!

A friend of mine came across DM and he, knowing how much I've read the books, posted the link on my facebook.

I've always really enjoyed the portrayal of Tel'aran'rhiod. I make a practice of lucid dreaming, so the World of Dreams and Perrin's Wolf Dreams definitely resonate with me. I also identify with Perrin most strongly of all the characters, and I find Jordan/Sanderson's depiction of his relationship and communication with the wolves to be pretty awesome (Wolves have also been a fascination of mine since childhood). The scenes in tSR when he leads the TR against the Trollocs and becomes Perrin Goldeneys are among my faves. I really enjoyed his transformation by the end of ToM, after meeting Noam in the Wolf Dream and everything. I have to admit I wasn't a huge fan of his in CoT or KoD though.

Welcome WaWolf. Awesome that you are rereading again. I did a complete one not too long ago. What would you say drew you to those characters?

Have a great time exploring the discussion boards. You can also check out the discussion boards and the Role Playing area. If you have questions, just go ahead and ask. Someone will get you the answer.

Thanks Turin

I was drawn to Perrin because I see myself in him more than any of the other characters. I really enjoy the layers of Verin, Moiraine and Thom (and several others really). I definitely enjoy the diversity of the aiel society in relation to the rest. the imagination required to create their code of ethics, humor, and culture still astounds me every time I read.

Thanks Turin

I was drawn to Perrin because I see myself in him more than any of the other characters. I really enjoy the layers of Verin, Moiraine and Thom (and several others really). I definitely enjoy the diversity of the aiel society in relation to the rest. the imagination required to create their code of ethics, humor, and culture still astounds me every time I read.

Maiden: Only a Thunder Walker would see honor in guarding an empty tent.

Thunder Walker: Why do Maidens use handtalk? Because even when theyre not talking they cant stop talking!

Got to love the Aiel. I wish there were more RJ interviews where he talked about them.

And welcome to DM!

Archived