DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Two dead men and a smoking pipe

Southpaw89

In ToM, Min sees a vision of two dead men on the ground, surrounded by ranks and ranks of Trollocs and a pipe with smoke curling from it. Any good ideas on what this could mean and who the two men are? The pipe is more than likely symbolic of who one of the two men are.

I'm only surprised that the Trollocs haven't eaten the dead men.. but Min's viewings aren't always literal, of course. They may have been leaders of Shadow forces symbolised by Trollocs.

I did wonder if they are Luc and Isam, re-appearing as Slayer is himself slain, by the smoker of the pipe. Not that that narrows the field much...

Not that I can justify it, but...

I've always liked the idea of the pipe belonging to Talemanes (the one he was given by Roedran in Murandy, with a silver trim (read - metal, which can have a finder placed on it)

the two bodies are a little more problematic, but if Talemanes has anything to do with it, then it should probably be Edorion and Roedran (and no, I don't mean Demandred)

I'd speculate the two dead men surrounded by ranks of trollocs to be Demandred and one of his proxies, killed by Rand himself. Demandred's been shown to be a general, and one second only to LTT, but he's also been handily smacked down in face to face combat on the only occasion we've seen him fighting.

That seems most plausible to me because if the two dead men had killed each other, the viewing would no longer directly relate to Rand unless one of the men were Tam or some male intimate to Rand.

The thread title should be a film with Clint Eastwood in it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

'twas quite hilarious alrite.

Gathering Storm would be renamed 'Every Which Rand But Loose', in ref to him trying to be harder than steel. Didn't he think that in the book, needed to be like cuenilldar(spelling?)?

1000th post!!!!! And I still haven't lost my skill of posting nonsensical thoughts.

Oops 5 exclamation!!!!!

Anyone read Snuff yet? Off topic 'cuse me.

I haven't seen Rand use five exclamation marks yet... :wink:

Snuff? Not yet but it's on my pressie list..

The title reminds me that some years ago, my brother and I were involved in putting on a variety show at a local hospital. It featured a short sketch in the 'Restoration' style, with all the characters pronouncing their 's's as 'f's: "I faw you, Fimple, behind the fummer houfe, kiffing". One line got more laughs than any other whem a sop - sorry, fop - got out a small box and sniffed at it, and someone said "what's that' to whch he answered: "Fnuff!"

............/OT :laugh:

Archived