DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Robert Jordan quotes?

Southpaw89

does anyone know any good RJ quotes that he said at a signing or told you personally or whatever? I never got to meet the man since I didn't start reading the series until right after TGS came out but I've read some interviews by him and seen a few quotes and he's had some interesting ones. Post some of your favorites if you have any

Besides the books? :P

From his blog:

"...I realized that I left off something very important when I was advising some guys dealing with illness. Maybe the most important thing of all. Laugh. Make her laugh. Make him laugh. Make yourself laugh. Keeping your spirits up has a really great effect, believe me. There are lots of situations where it's hard to find something to laugh at, but in most situations where you can grumble, you can find a laugh in there if you look at it a little askew. And you know something? Making her laugh is almost as good as laughing yourself. In fact, if you make her laugh, soon enough you'll find that you're laughing along with her. There is all sorts of stuff that you can laugh your way through when trying to wade it just doesn't work. Remember, nobody is asking you to laugh at everything. Nobody is asking you to stop grumbling. But the more you laugh, the less you'll grumble, and the better you'll feel. The better you'll BE."

~James Oliver Rigney Jr. (Robert Jordan)

Archived