DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand and LTT

ONeill

There have been times when Rand and LTT would work together; and to each other they would be sane, and then LTT would start going on about a madman in his head or just laugh and sound mad.

In KoD LTT tells Rand that he should trust him. What if whenever rand needs to use the source, he lets LTT use it and do what LTT says (like raise my hands); that way Rand will learn a lot more, and be able to face anyone and probably win.

Also come the Last Battle it could be LTT channelling, and should the Dark One lash out at Rand to kill him. Instead of killing Rand, he kills LTT; as he is only able to kill the soul or spirit actually holding the One Power.

Just a bit of random dribbling but your thoughts please.

as he is only able to kill the soul or spirit actually holding the One Power.

Rand and LTT are the same soul. That is why Rand is the Dragon Reborn.

As for LTT doing the fighting at TG...I don't know, it just seems lame, no offense meant to you. Even though Rand and LTT are the same soul, they're still completely different personalities. LTT already had his turn to save the world; it's Rand's now.

What if whenever rand needs to use the source, he lets LTT use it and do what LTT says (like raise my hands); that way Rand will learn a lot more, and be able to face anyone and probably win.

Much as I loved the deathgates et al, I wouldn't trust LTT with the power. He's all "Break the seals" and "I seem to remember how to die," you know? He's a loose cannon, at best.

i'm with gentledben on this one- trusting LTT wielding the one power, unchecked, through RA would be like allowing Taim to wield Callandor- big mistake!

We have seen so many cases where LTT has tried to overdraw on the OP, refuse to let go of the OP when RA is hurt or needs to stop channelling, or (as Ben mentioned) when he gets on his "lets break the seals and then destroy everything" soapbox...

its interesting to think about, but i think the end result would still be the same as it was at the end of the last age- LTT calling down more of the OP than he could handle and destroying himself and anyone else around him.

"Break the seals"

The seals have to be broken in the end anyway so why not not have LTT in control at the Last Battle to break them.

After all Herid Fel did say something like, "To fix the hole, you have to first clear the rubble" (no books on me, so quote is probably not word perfect).

First, good point, second, because Lews Therin is a madman. I wouldn't trust him to break wind while holding saidin; he's getting nowhere near the seals.

Just because LTT is mad doesn't mean that he can't do anything. It could be possible that LTT will be able to channel by himself; without Rand slipping and letting him take it. LTT might be able to channel through Rand, but with rand channelling as well.

Luckers' date=' who is Giles. Hermione isn't nuts, Harry, on the other hand...[/quote']

Giles, the Watcher from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The superbly written TV show by Joss Whedon as opposed to the iffy movie (but I still think Donald Sutherland is awesome!).

And Hermione only goes nuts following the loss of her and Ron's love child to Voldemort. :lol:

"Break the seals"

The seals have to be broken in the end anyway so why not not have LTT in control at the Last Battle to break them.

After all Herid Fel did say something like' date=' "To fix the hole, you have to first clear the rubble" (no books on me, so quote is probably not word perfect).[/quote']

Because the Prophesies say that The Dragon Reborn needs to battle the DO in the LB....and it sounds like what you're suggesting is LTT, The Dragon, fighting the DO. While I agree that there are things that RA could still learn from LTT, I dont think allowing him to control the OP through RA is the answer.

(as a side note, they cannot both be wielding the OP at the same time, because they are not two people- LTT is in RA's head- two minds, one body)

Ok. If they can't both channel, and Rand needs the knowledge that LTT has, then it leads me to one conclusion. In CoS Min tells Rand that she sees 2 people in one of her visions; and that they touch and then merge.

Could it be possible that when this merge takes place that Rand will have to fight LTT mentally for control of his body. Then if Rand wins he then gains all of LTT's knowledge of then One Power and of the Age of Legends.

If they can't both channel, and Rand needs the knowledge that LTT has, then it leads me to one conclusion.

Perhaps Rand doesn't need LTT's knowledge. He seems to know enough to find his way around, and he's not going to go toe-to-toe with the DO in some mad, channeling showdown at TG, anyway. The DO would snuff him like a match. It's his blood on the rocks of Shayol Ghul that saves the world, not his weaves at Tarmon Gaidon. LTT had his shot at the DO. Now, it's Rand's turn.

It's his blood on the rocks of Shayol Ghul that saves the world, not his weaves at Tarmon Gaidon.

Surely there is more to it than just bleeding on the rocks. He has to do something, and anything he gleans from LTT's failure will help. Actually, I think it already has helped. Rand knows, or at least has a good idea, what he's going to do. He has a plan.

Ok. If they can't both channel' date=' and Rand needs the knowledge that LTT has, then it leads me to one conclusion. In CoS Min tells Rand that she sees 2 people in one of her visions; and that they touch and then merge.

Could it be possible that when this merge takes place that Rand will have to fight LTT mentally for control of his body. Then if Rand wins he then gains all of LTT's knowledge of then One Power and of the Age of Legends.[/quote']

There seem to be two theories regarding Min's vision that you're mentioning above:

1. Pretty much what you mentioned- the struggle between Rand Al'Thor and LTT in taking over RA's body completely.

2. Many people think that this "vision" has already taken place- you'll recall when RA's and Moridin's streams of balefire crossed, they almost immediately seemed to be in e/o's thoughts to a certain extent. Alot of people seem to think that thats what Min saw- RA and Mori somehow converging in their BF accident.

Originally, I thought it was the first theory, but every since the whole Mori thing, who knows?

Archived