DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Taim not worried?

Southpaw89

As we know from ToM, Logain has gone missing and no one knows where he is. Something that has me wondering though is, why isn't Taim worried? Someone who is as strong as Logain goes missing with some people, is more than likely communicating with Rand (which we know he has but Taim prob doesn't know)and hasn't exactly been best friends with Taim. Does anyone else find it strange that Taim doesn't have Asha'men out looking for Logain and his rebels? We can assume he's planning a large scale attack on the BT so you'd think Taim would have something up his sleeve more than just turning people.

Seeing as how Mezar, one the Asha'man who vanished with Logain, returns with a newfound loyalty to Taim, it seems likely Taim knows quite a bit of what Logain is up to.

Bingo. Darkfriends are everywhere. If Taim isnt Moridin he sure as hell reports to him, Taim would have said to him "Look boss, Logains becoming a problem, hes doing something and I cant find out what." Chances are they have tabs on Logain one way or another.

I think a lot of people on here either overestimate Logain, or underestimate Taim and the resources he has access to.

EDIT

Logain building army? Taim not worried. Taim smart like Narg.

Taim is paranoid, true, but he's also smug and overconfident. You can see this from the very beginning, when he arrives in Caemlyn - he isn't afraid when he faces Rand and Bashere's armed guards. Taim thinks he can best them all at the same time.

I think he's searching for Logain in secret, but I also think that Taim is too pleased with his own plans, that he's managed to create a tower of his own inside the Black Tower. Nearly all full Asha'man are loyal to Taim. Strange new recruits loyal to Taim and Taim only - Kash & co - are coming to the Black Tower, and adamant followers of Logain are turned. I guess that Taim underestimates Logain, too, a man alone, with fewer and fewer allies and no chance. If Taim thinks he's better than the Dragon Reborn, of course he thinks he's better than Logain. Taim is in for a big surprise, but the question is: How much further damage can Taim do before he's defeated?

I agree with dreka, Logain gets talked up a lot round here and people seem to under value the threat of Taim. Whatever way you look at it ,he raised an army and had Saldea in a tissy, way better military set up that Logains Gheldean army,and had managed to survive a long while with the power before the cleansing.

If his survival of the taint, or has he gone mad and maybe him looking older than his years was the physical effects, is not down to him, well then he's got some major support in his corner.

Logain caught and gentled. They both have similar levels of power. If Taim has the support of Mordin well it's safe to think he might of picked up one or two tricks. Although in fairness Alavrin didn't get much from Mesanna. But Taim being able to test for the power kinda yives evidence to suggest he benefitted from hus backing.

Id put my money on Taim winning, this being WoT though Logain well prob kick his arse.

Seeing as how Mezar, one the Asha'man who vanished with Logain, returns with a newfound loyalty to Taim, it seems likely Taim knows quite a bit of what Logain is up to.

Bingo. Darkfriends are everywhere. If Taim isnt Moridin he sure as hell reports to him, Taim would have said to him "Look boss, Logains becoming a problem, hes doing something and I cant find out what." Chances are they have tabs on Logain one way or another.

I think a lot of people on here either overestimate Logain, or underestimate Taim and the resources he has access to.

EDIT

Logain building army? Taim not worried. Taim smart like Narg.

If Taim isn't Moridin, he Definitely reports to him, since Moridin said he had plans for the second dream spike which became apparent at the end of ToM.

Archived