DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are the giants

spoke

A lot of the things in these books are just odd descriptions of common world things and legends.

Example: Razor -- Zebra

Drakgar -- vampire

grey men - zombies

Elayne and Nynaeve conjour up a unicorn while in TAR (a horse with a single horn on it's head)

12 trolloc clans include Deamons, Devils, efreeti, Genies (djinni), etc...

Noal (aka Jain) Charin tells stories from Shara about giants with bellies on their faces.

I cannot seem to figure out what real world legend these are based on. Any Ideas?

Rj stated that razors were not zebras. As for the giants, its been suggested that this is twistings of stories about nym.

So what are they then? The razors I mean. Some cross breed between zebras and horses? Or does Randland have a breed of horse not present in our world? Or was the answer never given and I'm just needlessly bothering you?

Also, see this:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BellyMouth

I think something like that turned up in a 'Real Ghostbusters' episode.

IT'S A GIANT BELLY MOUTHED SLUG!!!!!!

A lot of the things in these books are just odd descriptions of common world things and legends.

Example: Razor -- Zebra

Drakgar -- vampire

grey men - zombies

Elayne and Nynaeve conjour up a unicorn while in TAR (a horse with a single horn on it's head)

12 trolloc clans include Deamons, Devils, efreeti, Genies (djinni), etc...

Noal (aka Jain) Charin tells stories from Shara about giants with bellies on their faces.

I cannot seem to figure out what real world legend these are based on. Any Ideas?

Grey Men--Zombies? Don't really see that one...

Archived