DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

PS3 Title Suggestions

Stitch

Currently I am looking for some suggestions on PS3 Titles that are either released already or to be released within the next couple of months.

RPGs are my main thing, I own a stack of em for PS3 and Im currently looking at getting: Ar Tonelico Qoga, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Tales of Xillia and White Knight Chronicles II (yeah its been around for a while but I didn't get it)

FPS I have very few of and would love some suggestions since there are times when you just want to shoot people in the back of the head or mow down a room full of enemies.

Action games I am a fan of the GoW series and Dynasty Warriors etc but currently do not have my eyes on any new titles, though suggestions would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

i 2nd SD in "Dark Souls" but honestly i'd start with the 1st entry "Demon Souls" as it will be cheaper and "easier" than the sequel. now a warnign about this game, it's fun, but don't expect to want to sit and play it for hours on end without breaking your controller. i love having Demon souls in my library and plan on getting Dark Souls when the price drops under $30 but it doesn't do away with the fact that the game is utterly infurating at times and is not for the casual gammer. you've really got to be a determined glutton for punishment for this series :laugh: and as a typical hack'n'slasher player, this game has forced me to rework my approach to gamming for sure.

heres a list for you of my personal favs, most of these are Action/RPGs with a 3rd person camera style.

- The Force Unleashed 1 & 2

- Infamous 1 & 2

- Batman Arkham Asylum & City

- Dantes Inferno

- Darksiders

- Bioshock

- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2

- Mortal Kombat

- Sacred 2

- Nija Giaden Sigma

- Assasin's Creed

out of the ones you mentioned, stay away from White Knight Chronicles; game informer gave it horrid ratings and i tend to trust that gamming mag for its dish on games. "Two Worlds" is also one to stay away from imo. while the graphics are on par with Dragon Age, everything else about the game sucks. other games i can remember not enjoying are "Venetica", "Raven" & "Hunted". Bubba tried Prince of Persia and didn't like that either.

i also have Dynasty Warriors 7 for the 360 and i like it. the only complaint is that the Co-op isn't on the story mode. i have Strike Force for the PS3 and enjoy that as well, but theres nothing standoutish about the game if you know the series already.

another PS3 game i've purchased but can't recomend is "Ico & The Shadow of Collosis" ot because it's bad, but becuase i haven't played it. it's a remake of two older games and is a duel game edition like the GoW orgins collection.

if your PS3 is an older model that's backwards compatable these are some games to look into

- .hack//G.U. which is a trilogy RPG (with 20+ hours of storyline on each disk)

- Mortal Kombat: Shoan Monks & Deadly Alliance

• Community Administrator

Actually, I'd say Dark Souls is slightly easier than Demons Souls, if only because there are more 'check points' (bon fires that can be activated) within an area.

Only side note on that is that unlike Demons Souls, you can't 'warp' to the safe zone, your pretty much stuck there or have to back track.

If you like games like say.. Final Fantasy Tactics, try Disgaea. They have 3 & 4 out. (though i've yet to see 4 in stores) they are escentially Tactical RPGs, with an outragous story.

i had heard they revamped the design to be bit easier on keeping the exp (souls) but i also heard that the game play is taken up a notch as well as the AI, and that unlike demon Souls, Dark Souls has points in it where the deaths aren't really "fair" and that some bosses are damn near unbeatable. in other words, the game designers decided to be bastard mods in some portions :laugh:

which could be fun, so long as you understand the type of game your getting into. i've had Demon Souls for about 2 years and i've still yet to beat the 2nd part of the first stage :wacko:

Archived