DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Observations

NetSlider

It seems to happen every time I re-listen WOT. Something jumped out again that's been bugging me.

1). In the beginning as the trio left TR Mat keep on talking about Illian (sp) and later on as well. this is a very cool foreshadowing, IMO

2). At the end, when Rand screams "than were," or such, to the VOICE IN CAPS, the stairs appear and take him to TAR (as we know now). So, and this is something that I also consider might be the case, is this a foreshadowing that the LB will take place in TAR? Kind of crazy but I think there might be something to it (between unseen eyes, dead connected to it, the "effect" if entered in flash, and so on). Who to say that it might not take place at SG in TAR (SG is only a place and is not connected to the Great Lord in any closer way, as per one of the POVs from a female forsaken but I don't remember which one now)? Would be an interesting twist, that's for sure.

3). The third point I forgot, but I remember it's something about Thom, which really frustrates me b/c this is a second time I forget the same point on the re-read angry.gif. Oh well, I'm planning on doing another one before MoL so I'll write it down next time. wink.gif

It seems to happen every time I re-listen WOT. Something jumped out again that's been bugging me.

1). In the beginning as the trio left TR Mat keep on talking about Illian (sp) and later on as well. this is a very cool foreshadowing, IMO

2). At the end, when Rand screams "than were," or such, to the VOICE IN CAPS, the stairs appear and take him to TAR (as we know now). So, and this is something that I also consider might be the case, is this a foreshadowing that the LB will take place in TAR? Kind of crazy but I think there might be something to it (between unseen eyes, dead connected to it, the "effect" if entered in flash, and so on). Who to say that it might not take place at SG in TAR (SG is only a place and is not connected to the Great Lord in any closer way, as per one of the POVs from a female forsaken but I don't remember which one now)? Would be an interesting twist, that's for sure.

3). The third point I forgot, but I remember it's something about Thom, which really frustrates me b/c this is a second time I forget the same point on the re-read angry.gif. Oh well, I'm planning on doing another one before MoL so I'll write it down next time. wink.gif

As for number 2:

I had a similar theory about TAR Last Battle yonks ago and when I searched for it later on, it was gone (maybe due to upgrade of website or for some other reason). TAR touches all worlds which ties in to the convo Verin had with Egwene in TDR, and makes sense IMO. All of Rand's battles with Forsaken take place in TAR.

A bit of subtle foreshadowing there maybe?

Maybe Rand will send Mat to Illian to gather the army there. If Mat stops in at Tar Valon on the way and retrieves the Horn he can just go to the Square of Tammuz and say "Hey, look what I've got! The Dragon wants us to go to ________, who's with me? I don't think many would resist his Ta'veren pull and join his army.

All of Rand's battles with Forsaken take place in TAR.

Only his battles with Ishammael, Be'lal and Rahvin took place in TAR. His battle with Sammael and Asmodean did not. Other than the 'lost hand' scene he hasn't directly confronted Semi, and I don't think anyone could claim he really fought with Lanfear (though he did have several TAR scenes with her).

All of Rand's battles with Forsaken take place in TAR.

Only his battles with Ishammael, Be'lal and Rahvin took place in TAR. His battle with Sammael and Asmodean did not. Other than the 'lost hand' scene he hasn't directly confronted Semi, and I don't think anyone could claim he really fought with Lanfear (though he did have several TAR scenes with her).

How has he not directly confronted Semi? I would say balefire is pretty direct

As for number 2:

I had a similar theory about TAR Last Battle yonks ago and when I searched for it later on, it was gone (maybe due to upgrade of website or for some other reason). TAR touches all worlds which ties in to the convo Verin had with Egwene in TDR, and makes sense IMO. All of Rand's battles with Forsaken take place in TAR.

That one is interesting actually, and I think it would change the dynamic of the two women he links with at the last battle.

The Main reason I find it interesting, is because of the links to all worlds and possible worlds thing, as well as the fact that it was Lanfear who freed the dark one to begin with, and she said several times that TAR was HER PLACE. As though she has a special connection to TAR, and perhaps her connection to it was the motivating factor that allowed her to access the bore.

As for Matt constantly mentioning Illian, and then becoming the Hero of the Horn, there is something there I think. Matt, as far as I can recall has never been to Illian, I wonder if that will lead to a braveheart moment where Matt rally's absolutely everyone in Illian to fight the shadow. Though it's also kinda odd, since there are only 2 people that I can think of with a directly link to Illian. That's Bayle Doman, and Tam Al'Thor.

Don't know if that means aything, but who knows. Undoubtedly there will be a bunch of big reveals in next book, and I look forward to seeing how it unfolds.

One Regret I have in the last book is how casually Nicola died, would have rather she had a turn around.

I'm actually not sure that the Ba'alzamon-Dreams the boys had during TEotW were in TAR. Some of them, perhaps, but there's something strange there. Brandon said himself that the fact they were all three having Dreams at the same time might indicate that Ishamael was influencing their dreams from that starry-void-thingy. I tend to think there's some SG freakiness mixed in with TAR in those dreams, and naturally in the place where Rand met Ishamael at the end (Against the Shadow).

Oh, and I do believe that scene at the docks counts as Rand's having fought Lanfear.

Archived