DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A theoy I have...

Dagon Thyne

There is a theme that is brought up every once in a while of how a person is not always lost if they join the shadow and that they can be saved if they repent...

Verin is a great example of this.

I have a theory that this theme will play a role in the Last Battle. I get the feeling that Cyndane will somehow want to repent for her sins and that Rand will help her get free of Moridin.

It's a very old theory, though of course it gained some popularity after the release of TOM (before really, since Matt Hatch is a Lanfear fanboy and he was a beta reader; poor guy had to hold it until the book came out). There's an ongoing discussion about it on the AMOL board. Some people think Moridin more likely to turn. Some people even go for Graendal. No one loves Demandred, though. Or Moghedien.

It's a very old theory, though of course it gained some popularity after the release of TOM (before really, since Matt Hatch is a Lanfear fanboy and he was a beta reader; poor guy had to hold it until the book came out). There's an ongoing discussion about it on the AMOL board. Some people think Moridin more likely to turn. Some people even go for Graendal. No one loves Demandred, though. Or Moghedien.

I think it's Caradin who will turn.....Look at Ishy and LTT's past.....Ishy hated him....Moridin has all the memories of both his lives and I doubt his hatred of LTT and Rand has gotten any less.

Lanfear was in love with him and felt betrayed when he broke off their relationship. Hell it's a good chance that the reason she joined the shadow to begin with is because she wanted revenge. I mean that was really the only reason for her to join other than fear that the DO would kill her if she didn't. It would make more since that she would turn out good and betray Mordidin to help Rand then Moridin turning good.

I think it's Caradin who will turn.....

Carridin? He's dead.

I think it's Caradin who will turn.....Look at Ishy and LTT's past.....Ishy hated him....Moridin has all the memories of both his lives and I doubt his hatred of LTT and Rand has gotten any less.

Lanfear was in love with him and felt betrayed when he broke off their relationship. Hell it's a good chance that the reason she joined the shadow to begin with is because she wanted revenge. I mean that was really the only reason for her to join other than fear that the DO would kill her if she didn't. It would make more since that she would turn out good and betray Mordidin to help Rand then Moridin turning good.

Actually the reason she joined the Shadow is her thirst for power.

Look at Ishy and LTT's past.....Ishy hated him....Moridin has all the memories of both his lives and I doubt his hatred of LTT and Rand has gotten any less.

You make them such petty and small minded people. Their relationships with LLT is not the only reason that drives their ambitions. There's a slightly bigger picture here, something more besides loving/hating LLT... like the fate of ALL creation!!

If Ishy (literally) sees the Light, he'll get over his hatred for LLT and cooperate with him -- at least for the duration of the crisis.

Lanfear, as it is shown throughout the books, is in love with power. Right now she's cast down, subjugated to Moridin, she has to hate her current position, so she's seeking new/old avenues to gain power and freedom again. If the Shadow has cast her down, why not go back to the Light.

Look at Ishy and LTT's past.....Ishy hated him....Moridin has all the memories of both his lives and I doubt his hatred of LTT and Rand has gotten any less.

You make them such petty and small minded people. Their relationships with LLT is not the only reason that drives their ambitions. There's a slightly bigger picture here, something more besides loving/hating LLT... like the fate of ALL creation!!

If Ishy (literally) sees the Light, he'll get over his hatred for LLT and cooperate with him -- at least for the duration of the crisis.

Lanfear, as it is shown throughout the books, is in love with power. Right now she's cast down, subjugated to Moridin, she has to hate her current position, so she's seeking new/old avenues to gain power and freedom again. If the Shadow has cast her down, why not go back to the Light.

That's not repentance though. That's not a change of heart. That's just saving her own skin.

Aren't all of the forsaken on their own side? Except Ishy of course.

Well, all Chosen are selfish in the extreme -- As Verin said, it's a qualification for the title 'Chosen', so they all are on their own side first and the Shadow second. And the DO seems to like it.

However, IMO, all Forsaken are quite happy executing the DO's command... except Lanfear. Her actions are a mystery, she doesn't build herself a power base unlike the others, her aid for Rand is definitely not something the DO would approve, when confronted by Ishy in TAR, she seems resentful of having the declare her servitude for the DO.

Perhaps I'm reading too much between the lines, and since Lanfear lost her freedom early on, we no longer have info on her motives and actions... but it seems that Lanfear was more of a free agent and not really a fighter for the Shadow.

You're not right, Terez! Everybody loves Raymond(red) :smile:

That's why noone wants him to become a traitor.

Archived