DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which character?

jo

I am very like Moridin. In fact where i in that world i would likely be playing a much similar game as him, wether on the side of the light or the shadow... Verin too, and Cadsuane, both fulfill roles that i likely would have taken up in their place.

Guest cwestervelt
Kaxen: curse that stupid language editor!!!

*shakes fist in exasperation*

I share your pain. I once wrote something that got posted as people "kissing Rand's bunny", and it just didn't have the desired impact. :cry:

There ARE ways around the language filter . . . :wink:

for example, if you want to talk about donkeys, just type in @ss or a*s*s.

I've seen it on other boards (horse boards, where we actually have reason to use the word! LOL!) and tested it here and it worked on the preview. Time will tell if it works upon "submit."

Guest cwestervelt

I wasn't even aware the language filter would complain about it. I'd heard worse in PG and PG-13 rated movies. As a result, when I read my own post it was with a "Huh? That doesn't make sense."

That said, if a human's back side = his donkey and his donkey = his bunny then his back side = his bunny. If refering to someone's donkey is swearing then referring to their bunny instead is still swearing. Virtually all "swear" words have ligitamate contextual usage. It is the way the word is used, not the word itself that constitutes swearing.

Censorship... where does it stop... First you substitute word a with word b. Eventually you need to substitute word b with word c because everyone knows what word b means. Then you need to substitute word c with word d... Pretty soon there won't be a word left in the English language that is safe to say... :cry:

"A little bunny rabbit. I will hug him and pat him and call him George..."

Yeah, sometimes a swear word has the concise kick that you can't quite manage without it.

On the other hand... I wouldn't want somebody's parents to cry about their kid(s) being poisoned with blasphemous language - like WoT is PG 13 throughout any ways lol.

A lot of the implied stuff is pretty horrible if you contemplate it...

Well, I'd love to be Mat, but heck, I'm not.

Let's see... could someone pls suggest a character who loves war though never likes to really fight, never fully submits to ANY other person and hates annoying and whiny b:tches such as Elayne, Nynaeve and Egwene.

I am most probably like that character.

Archived