DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dexter Season 6

Red2111

so has anyone caught the season opener last week?

looks like its gonna be a good season. Laguarda has blackmailed her way up the food chain, and her and Angel are no longer married, though she seems to still have a fondness for him and intends him to be her replacement.

Dexter seems to be adjusting well, though i'm not sure if i like this whole "delving into a higher being" angle the series looks to be taking.

Quinn and Deb are living together! and he's gonna propose to her!! i still have to wonder if Quinn will leave the stuff on Dex alone or pick it back up.

i do hope that Aster and Cody come back as well. and i wonder who will be he guest star and major antagonist ... maybe a psycho nun from the school his kid is enrolled in :laugh:

IMO Dexter is going downhill

I did not enjoy season 5 at all (thanks for that Julia Stiles) and season 6 looks like it's going to go for more of the same

I have a feeling I'm going to drop this show mid season like I did with Weeds earlier this year

Did Dexter take a step down in Season 5 when compared to Season 4? Yes. However Season 4 was brilliant television so that is not a fair comparison. Season 5 was still better than most everything else on TV... and IMO should NEVER be compared to the downturn of Weeds. Weeds jumped off the deep end into a pool with no water. Dexter just returned to good TV, not brilliant TV.

This season could be very good. I have more respect for Edward James Elmos than I do for Julia Stiles... but then again no one is ever going to top Lithgow.

i couldn't agree more with Emp ... expect maybe if they had Anthony Hopkins on there. Hannable meets Dexter, the final chapter ... i think THAT would be a GREAT plot line :happy: of course, i wouldn't know which serial killer to root for :unsure:

i didn't know that SD, i've halfway read the first Dexter book but enjoy the show more. i have to agree i wish they woudl have left it alone, but seeing as this year all the actors are up for contract renewles, it gives them the option to finally cure Dex's dark passenger. though that ending would suck worse than the ending to Rosanne honestly. i just hope it doesn't go "holier than thou" on the viewer too much.

Weeds jumped off the deep end into a pool with no water. Dexter just returned to good TV, not brilliant TV.

fair enough

I'd say with the likes of breaking bad on TV there's no reason to watch just "good TV"

however the season ends this sunday so I can't :(

um okay wow. last episode was a sort of WTF imo.

i can see this black guy "good shepard" becomming more of a stabilizer for Dex. i certaintly think we'll be seeing more of him, i think Dex is gonna try to immitate him in some way to try and get rid of his dark passenger.

Deb being luenant ... for some reason i think she's destin to fail and is gonna get trapped in the cross fire between the dude and Liguarta. i'm also thinking that Quinns gonna start causing trouble, he doesn't seem to take rejection all that well so i full expect him to pick back up his investigation of Dex. i ttoally lold when dex said "over his dead body" in referrance to Quinn being the little guys uncle.

i'm really interested to see how these two "holy" serial killers cross paths with Dex; not to mention how Bitista handles not getting the job.

Batista was totally cool with it

or...well he doesn't blame Deb at all anyway

you could tell when he got mad at LaGuerta for saying she was going to "fix" things and insulting Deb

also I'm calling it now

Quinn is either dying or getting married to Deb this season

i think Quinn is overdue to be on Dex's table personally, so i can get down on him dieing this season. besides, that seems to be the only option of the two that Dex will accept, if Deb agrees to marry him, that will likely be the reason Quinn ends up on Dex's table :laugh:

i think, since the old dude made a mention that Deb came without baggage, meaning she wasn't romantically involved with anyone on the force; so marrying quinn might compromise her promotion.

and saying Bitista was totally cool with Deb getting the job is a bit much. he supports her, cause he knows she's a good cop; but he was still disappointed. thats why he grimanced/frowned heavily when she hugged him. *nods*

but what about the black cop from season 2. (in the books he didn't kill him, but in the show he did)

i forget his name. he investigated Dex and was getting to close to the truth and dex put him on his table for no other reason than that. Self preservation is part of the code, and killing quinn would likely be an act of self preservation imo.

theres already a prescident set for Dex killing outside of the code, so long as it's justified by self preservation. the dude from last season (the busted cop that Quinn hiwered as a PI to follow Dex) was killed for that reason as well.

besides, Dex has seen Quinn steal evidence (the cash from season 4) so Quinns not exactly the cleanest cop on the force. not to mention with Dex going holy, he might see himself as a "messanger from god, a type of arch angel sent to deliver the hand of justice" and see fit to dispose of anyone who gets in his way.

Well actually Dexter didn't kill Doakes. He was planning on framing him and turning him in to the FBI, which is a far cry from murder. It was actually that crazy chick he met at AA who blew up the cabin place Dexter had him locked up in. And technically, Liddy, the dirty cop quinn hired to spy tried to kill him first while he was all tied up and stuff and dex killed him in self defense. Little details I suppose, but still.

• 4 weeks later...

awww poor Batista

Quinn is putting him in hot water

edit: I can just hear someone complaining about "double/triple/whatever posting" already so I'll make this one an edit

whoa

so

question

is Deb going to be a lesbian now?

seriously what is it with her and these weird ass relationships

not that I have anything against lesbians but seriously she has had some weird partners

Lundy, Quinn, Dexter's brother...

speaking of which

the end of that episode

wow

wait

I just watched ep9 and I'm confused

has Geller been dead the entire time or what?

Yes it seems so. If you think about it it makes sense as Gellar has never done any of the dirty work himself... just hung out in the old church. The only time him being dead the whole time doesn't fit is when Dexter seems him walking into the building last episode... at least I think Dexter saw him, can't remember.

Archived