DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Broken Crown

Davram Bashere referred to it at least once and I think Min had viewing related to it. What exactly does "the Broken Crown" mean? I've been waiting for Faile to talk about it but don't recall her even obliquely mentioning the subject. I'm assuming it has something to do with a discontinuity of the Saldean royal line of succession but that's just a best guess.

It's the crown of Saldaea.

CoT, Prologue

Even hearsay divided by half. Doubtless they had reasons they considered good and sufficient, and doubtless Tenobia shared them. But he knew her; he had taught her to ride, watched her grow up, presented her the Broken Crown when she took the throne.

Yes, it's the name of the crown, but what gave it that name?

I think Elyas might have mentioned something more on the subject, in a talk with Perrin?!?

Anyway, since Tenobia has a very...unique personality, Faile in the perfect position to take the crown, if something unfortunate should befall the queen.

Well, Davram will be the first, but he's old and won't keep it for long.

It's the crown of Saldaea.

Okay, so the crown itself is physically damaged or flawed? I was thinking the term was a metaphor referring to some incident involving a past coronation or succession. I'm sure there's an interesting back-story but BS will probably not be able to fit it into aMoL.

AMOL is really not the place for such a thing. The encyclopedia on the other hand, this would be the kind of thing that would fit perfectly there. Assuming RJ bothered to write anything about it.

Archived