DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Magic Cards

kilika

Hey folks,

Brandon Sanderson is coming to Scotland in November and I was planning on gifting him a pack of those magic cards he is always going on about on facebook.

Does anyone know where I could buy some?

Thanks in advance,

Fraser

Hey folks,

Brandon Sanderson is coming to Scotland in November and I was planning on gifting him a pack of those magic cards he is always going on about on facebook.

Does anyone know where I could buy some?

Thanks in advance,

Fraser

www.wizards.com/magic/

this is what they are, but where in scottland, IDK.

One reason that I could think of goes like this.

When Mat gave Tuon the Razor, the gift worked for two reasons. The first reason was obvious, Tuon liked horses. That's very similar to Brandon liking Magic the Gathering. The second reason it work though was more important. Mat knew horses. So the horse he gave her was well received because it was a good horse and Tuon was surprised that in that too.

So what about you and Magic the Gathering? It doesn't sound like you know anything about the game so giving it as a give can go two ways. You could have Mat's luck and get him something he needs or wants. Or you could give him a horse that he thinks are mules or donkeys. (I mean cards a set he doesn't like or cards that are useless.)

Remember reading a Magic the gathering book years ago about some ice age wizard who had stored his memories in a mirror. I read 2 books about him never got to a third (can't remember why) they were really good though, does anyone know what they were called?

If you feel like giving Brandon Magic cards, he won't turn them down. He uses them as personal rewards when he hits certain goals in his writting, so he could always use more. The cards you get might not be the best ones or ones he needs. But he will accept them and be very gracious about it. Just figure out which cards are the most current and buy a pack of those.

"Bloody thing must have been designed by insane, cross-eyed Trollocs and built from the bones of the damned."

So youve met my ex AND my first car...amazing.

On topic. . . I think they'd be a fine gift. The gifts we give others should mean something to ourselves as well as to the reciever, however if the meaning to you is simply the knowledge that he will enjoy them then that alone is significance enough to yourself to justify the gift. just be worried if he suddenly askes you to play maidens kiss.

One reason that I could think of goes like this.

When Mat gave Tuon the Razor, the gift worked for two reasons. The first reason was obvious, Tuon liked horses. That's very similar to Brandon liking Magic the Gathering. The second reason it work though was more important. Mat knew horses. So the horse he gave her was well received because it was a good horse and Tuon was surprised that in that too.

So what about you and Magic the Gathering? It doesn't sound like you know anything about the game so giving it as a give can go two ways. You could have Mat's luck and get him something he needs or wants. Or you could give him a horse that he thinks are mules or donkeys. (I mean cards a set he doesn't like or cards that are useless.)

I think that Brandon would be grateful at the gesture either way - even if he already has a dozen of the ones you choose for him.

But he does have a 'wish list' over at Amazon.com. You just type in his name in the 'find someones wish list' section (not sure what its called, but you should be able to find it). You could get an idea there of what he is after, and have them shipped to you so you can give them to him personally. I don't think its too fan boyish at all! Well, maybe it is, but he seems to be a down to earth guy, and would appreciate it for sure.

But he does have a 'wish list' over at Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/A0YBR8DRTAAU/ref=sr_1_1_acs_wl_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317949186&sr=8-1-acs

I felt like being helpful today.

Thanks very much :D

Does anyone have any questions they would like me to ask him?

Ya. Ask him if he knew Taim was Moridin before he got all the inside info.

Hahahaha

Archived