DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Person to the community

quickster23

Are you all up to speed on all of the books then or have you not read them all yet?

Which parts and characters are your favorites?

Welcome to dm!!! :)

I've read every book but Towers of Midnight about to read it soon. My favorite character would probably have to be Mat though the getting married part took me by surprise. His luck is awesome. My favorite part would have to be Veins of Gold in The Gathering Storm when Rand decided love was worth it I felt so happy he stopped trying to block everyone out.

Mat loves Toun and was fond of Tylin so obviously he saw something good in each of them.

Ignore Vam. He speaks his mind bruskly :P

I definitely like the Mat with responsibility better. He's still funny and all but... Just in a different way.

That is also my favorite part of the series. Makes me cry every time I read it. The beginning of that section, always has and will forever more have an envelope corner (which I slip over the corner of a page when I feel the need for a bookmark) on it :)

Would you like a tour of dm or do you think you can figure it out?

If you have any questions feel free to ask :D

I dont know why? people come on here, you ask them which characters/scenes they like and why or dislike and why - they respond, people respond back to their comments, etc. Thats how a forum works.

Threads - May you enjoy your time on DM. I'm sure you wont mind people having opinions or discussing characters, ... afterall thats probably at least one reason why you joined DM. Please dont feel any less welcome by the fact that someone might share a different opinion on something to yourself. This isnt a fascist dictatorship.

Mat has been abused by women but he has given women too much trouble. (Take out Tylin, she doesn't count in this category) For one thing he has spoilt Olver too much and that was a sure way to trouble Setalle. And men gave women more than their share of trouble. think about how much Moiraine has suffered.

I agree with Veins of Gold. I is trully a heart touching scene. I have only read Gathering Storm once but that is something that stands out. You can't forget smething like that. And I think that is one of the most emotional scenes. It's effect could be seen in Towers of Midnight. Since you haven't read it yet Thread, i would try not to give spoiler. But in ToM it's hard not to like Rand.

Welcome Threads.

Mat has been abused by women but he has given women too much trouble. (Take out Tylin, she doesn't count in this category) For one thing he has spoilt Olver too much and that was a sure way to trouble Setalle. And men gave women more than their share of trouble. think about how much Moiraine has suffered.

I agree with Veins of Gold. I is trully a heart touching scene. I have only read Gathering Storm once but that is something that stands out. You can't forget smething like that. And I think that is one of the most emotional scenes. It's effect could be seen in Towers of Midnight. Since you haven't read it yet Thread, i would try not to give spoiler. But in ToM it's hard not to like Rand.

Welcome Threads.

Not to disagree but Noal and the rest of the band were the ones to spoil Olver not Mat he tried to stop that.

Here's the new one I'm giving everyone (yay for copy and pasting! saves me so much typing :P )

Well there are all of the "welcome to dm" "here's how to get a siggy" and such in the intro board, which you have been clever enough to find :P

Then we have the General Discussion board, which mostly consists of discussions about WoT theories, characters, ect.

After that is the Social Board. Each of the social groups has it's own personality and system of doing things so just find where you want to fit in. You can join no groups or as many as you want. I'm currently in 7 (see blue siggy when it appears :P ) so I can answer questions about most of the social groups and direct you to any joining threads you might have trouble finding.

Then we have the rp boards (the first ones are the story boards and the second ones talk about the first ones I believe...) where you can create your own character and write them an adventure somewhere in Randland. I am not involved in this yet so I can't help you if you're interested in that. Find Nyneave, she's the head of one of those groups and likes new people :)

Other features include the blogs (which you can write about anything if you choose to get one) the store (cool stuffs there!). The chat board is only available for "premium members" who pay for it :P

That good for ya?

Here's the new one I'm giving everyone (yay for copy and pasting! saves me so much typing :P )

Well there are all of the "welcome to dm" "here's how to get a siggy" and such in the intro board, which you have been clever enough to find :P

Then we have the General Discussion board, which mostly consists of discussions about WoT theories, characters, ect.

After that is the Social Board. Each of the social groups has it's own personality and system of doing things so just find where you want to fit in. You can join no groups or as many as you want. I'm currently in 7 (see blue siggy when it appears :P ) so I can answer questions about most of the social groups and direct you to any joining threads you might have trouble finding.

Then we have the rp boards (the first ones are the story boards and the second ones talk about the first ones I believe...) where you can create your own character and write them an adventure somewhere in Randland. I am not involved in this yet so I can't help you if you're interested in that. Find Nyneave, she's the head of one of those groups and likes new people :)

Other features include the blogs (which you can write about anything if you choose to get one) the store (cool stuffs there!). The chat board is only available for "premium members" who pay for it :P

That good for ya?

yEAH THANKS. :biggrin:

Hi i just joined. i started reading the WoT series in 1990 and so i have been waiting 21 years!! for this series to come to it's conclusion. I LOVE the books and All the central characters esp the 3 Rand Perrin and Matrim.

thanks for allowing me to become a member and i look forward to many enlightening convo's with you all.

P.S. my user name is the name of Feanor's eldest son, from the Sillmarilion by J.R.R. Tolkien

Welcome Threads.

Same here for VoG. Incredible scene. I've got to say that the two scenes that touched me the most in the series might well be VoG and the scene in the earlier chapter of tGS called A Conversation with the Dragon (I think). It's the scene where talks to Nyneave and tells her why he's become what he is. The scene made it so clear how utterly tortured Rand is. Such a great scene.

Hi i just joined. i started reading the WoT series in 1990 and so i have been waiting 21 years!! for this series to come to it's conclusion. I LOVE the books and All the central characters esp the 3 Rand Perrin and Matrim.

thanks for allowing me to become a member and i look forward to many enlightening convo's with you all.

P.S. my user name is the name of Feanor's eldest son, from the Sillmarilion by J.R.R. Tolkien

I thought I recognised the name from LotR. Couldn't quite place it though. Doesn't his brother cut off his hand to rescue him? Because Morgoth attached him to a mountain right?

One Hand: any certain reason you didn't post your own thread? :P

Welcome to DM and glad to have you!! :D

Threads: a few useful things for you:

A) This thread is all of us dragon people on here: http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/63227-dragon-cave-users/page__st__40__p__1970672__hl__dragoncave__fromsearch__1#entry1970672

and this is another thread with us dragon people talking dragon stuff: http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/63735-post-raid-dragons/page__st__100__gopid__1980141#entry1980141

I think we should bring back the Seanchan social community and we should be the morat'raken :P

B) Sorry if you already know how to do all of this but I'm in an instructing mood apparently :P

1) Go to your dm user page (which can be done by clicking on your name at the top of any of your posts or on your name in the corner).

2) At the top-ish of the page will be a big brown bar that says "Thread's Profile" above it on the right side is a button that says "edit my profile" click it

3) On the left side you will see many tabs. Click the one that says "change signature"

4) Open up dragon cave in a different window/tab.

5) Click on an egg so you see it's page.

6) On the right side it says "show HTML/BBCode Links" click it

7) Copy the contents of the second box

8) Go back to your dm page and paste that code in the box.

9) Go back to your dragons and click a different egg

10) repeat steps 6-9 until you have all dragon codes in the signature box

11) click "save changes" at the bottom

12) start posting in threads. Now whenever someone looks at a thread you've posted in your dragon will get a view :D YAY

One Hand: any certain reason you didn't post your own thread? :P

Welcome to DM and glad to have you!! :D

Threads: a few useful things for you:

A) This thread is all of us dragon people on here: http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/63227-dragon-cave-users/page__st__40__p__1970672__hl__dragoncave__fromsearch__1#entry1970672

and this is another thread with us dragon people talking dragon stuff: http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/63735-post-raid-dragons/page__st__100__gopid__1980141#entry1980141

I think we should bring back the Seanchan social community and we should be the morat'raken :P

B) Sorry if you already know how to do all of this but I'm in an instructing mood apparently :P

1) Go to your dm user page (which can be done by clicking on your name at the top of any of your posts or on your name in the corner).

2) At the top-ish of the page will be a big brown bar that says "Thread's Profile" above it on the right side is a button that says "edit my profile" click it

3) On the left side you will see many tabs. Click the one that says "change signature"

4) Open up dragon cave in a different window/tab.

5) Click on an egg so you see it's page.

6) On the right side it says "show HTML/BBCode Links" click it

7) Copy the contents of the second box

8) Go back to your dm page and paste that code in the box.

9) Go back to your dragons and click a different egg

10) repeat steps 6-9 until you have all dragon codes in the signature box

11) click "save changes" at the bottom

12) start posting in threads. Now whenever someone looks at a thread you've posted in your dragon will get a view :D YAY

Thanks a bunch.

Archived