DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

On Draghkar.

Andhaira

Why are they so weak? I mean, if I recall correctly Rand kills a couple easily.

Also, if they are indeed so weak why didn't Moirainne kill the one that was following the companions during the Eye of The World? She said she couldn't weave on her horse, but then she managed to weave some fog. Instead of that, why didn't she just call down lightning and kill the draghkar?

Or if the weave for lightning is more complicated and can't be done on horseback, why didn't she just stop, dismount, and then weave lightning to kill the draghkar?

Why are they so weak? I mean, if I recall correctly Rand kills a couple easily.

Also, if they are indeed so weak why didn't Moirainne kill the one that was following the companions during the Eye of The World? She said she couldn't weave on her horse, but then she managed to weave some fog. Instead of that, why didn't she just call down lightning and kill the draghkar?

Or if the weave for lightning is more complicated and can't be done on horseback, why didn't she just stop, dismount, and then weave lightning to kill the draghkar?

It was night if I remember correctly, and in a wooded area, so it wouldn't have been very easy to hit it. They were being pursued, therefore stopping isn't really an option. And lighting isn't very...subtle.

I don't think they're weak, they're just not creatures you put on the front lines. They're more like Greymen, assasination type of shadowspawn. There's an easy way of fighting them though, assuming you're not taken by surprise. You scream to drown out their song, like Bashere did at Maradon.

Well, firstly, Mo' is like a child compared to Rand Sedai. Even when Rand Sedai was still floundering, he was so much more powerful that Mo' that it's really not fair to compare. And you have to remember that they were in different situations. Mo' was trying to sneak a small group of frightened teenagers out from their home village in the middle of the night with the stuff of their nightmares, quite literally, chasing after them.. Rand Sedai just wanted to hit something.

Draghkar are not supposed to be strong. They are used only as stealth assassins, reconnaissance, used mostly at night, etc.

Throwing wave after wave of Draghkar at Rand at Maradon was plain stupid. They are used in surprise attacks, not frontal assaults. They might as well used only ravens, with the same results. They didn't even got close.

On the other hand, I think they can be quite useful against raken squadrons, and in the Trolloc Wars they probably were the weapon of choice for any Dreadlord general, but not in big fights, just as scouts during the day and stealth missions during the night, especially against enemies without AS protection, so they couldn't be detected from a distance.

On the other hand, I think they can be quite useful against raken squadrons, and in the Trolloc Wars they probably were the weapon of choice for any Dreadlord general, but not in big fights, just as scouts during the day and stealth missions during the night, especially against enemies without AS protection, so they couldn't be detected from a distance.

I think Mat will train the raken fliers as lancers for just that purpose.

Also keep in mind that Moiraine channeling that explicitly probably would have drawn Myrdraal and their Trollocs.

There's also the part where she is still pretty exhausted from battling the Trollocs and cleaning up afterwards in the first place. :wink:

Archived