DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Biggest Foreshadoing in ToM

Vassili

While Egwene is meeting someone in Tel'aran'rhiod in the Hall of the Tower, she sees the Dragon's Fang beside the Flame of Tar Valon. She speculates that this is TAR's way of showing a world where the Dragon and Amyrlin ruled Tar Valon as equals. She immediately dismisses the possibility, but if this is a prophecy, it would lead to a variety of new questions:

1.) Will the BT and WT merge?

2.) Does this mean Rand lives?

3.) What about Logain? Where is his glory?

4.) Or the Seanchan for that matter? In Avi's vision Rand is dead/gone and the Towers are deffinately not united. Could this be the clue to "defeating" the Seanchan?

Thoughts?

Someone asked Brandon about this:

Towers of Midnight book tour 8 November 2010 Lincoln Triangle Barnes and Noble NY, NY - WinespringBrother reporting

WSB: Are the ghost sightings and strange window seen in Tel'aran'rhiod (flame and fang) due to the Mirror Worlds merging?

Brandon: They are both due to the Pattern unraveling.

This is odd, because he said before that the ghosts were due to the Dark One's touch on the unraveling Pattern...which is not unraveling due to the Dark One's touch, exactly (Brandon hints that it is the result of balefire).

Maybe not Demandred. He might not be loyal enough to go that far; it might have been Ishamael (which would explain why the Pattern didn't start falling apart until after he came back from the dead).

Rand has been the biggest balefire culprit, by far. Especially Natrin's Barrow, but not only. He has not used balefire since Dragonmount. Still, the pattern is not doing too well, even if no one else messes with it.

And you would have to believe that someone(s) will use balefire in The Last Battle. So it will be interesting to see what happens when (if) the pattern nearly dissolves...

Yes but I believe Egwene's exact words were murderously angry. I think those were the words and I don't think Elayne was in a killing rage. I could see Eliada being in a killing rage if it's the Amarlyn Seat. I still think it's Egwene. Someone should ask Brandon and see if he answers.

I think it was about Morgase actually, she was pretty angry at Rand for taking over Caemlyn. She was the owner of the Lion Throne when Rand sat on it (the end of TFOH).

"Rand sitting down in a chair, and somehow she knew that the chair's owner would be murderously angry at having her chair taken"

Come to think of it, the wording is such that it's not necessary Rand who the owner of the chair is angry at, which makes snse if it applies to Morgase, since Gaebril was the guy she was really mad at.

Archived