DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Is Cadsuane also an infiltrator in the Black Ajah?

Leyrann

So, what do you think. Could she be? Once, she almost rooted out the Black Ajah. Maybe she wanted to do that the way Verin did it. And Cadsuane knows more about Verin than she says. She is one of the few who know Verin isn't as "Brown" as she appears to be.

So, what do you think. Could she be? Once, she almost rooted out the Black Ajah. Maybe she wanted to do that the way Verin did it. And Cadsuane knows more about Verin than she says. She is one of the few who know Verin isn't as "Brown" as she appears to be.

I always took that to mean she knew the "spaciness" was an act.

Cadsuane is probably the only person alive who could do it any other way. I really, really doubt that she is anything other than what she says she is. Also, if she were black, I think that we would have found out about it from her thought processes. And something a little more substantial than 'she almost rooted out the black ajah several times'.

Please, Cadsuane couldn't possibly successfully infiltrate the Black Ajah. The minute Cads' discovered them, she'd have marched right up to the Great Council, demanded a cup of tea and explained to the "girl" Alviarin about how Ishaemael was a product of her imagination and that she better be respectful towards her or she's leaving and depriving them of her fine company.

Please, Cadsuane couldn't possibly successfully infiltrate the Black Ajah. The minute Cads' discovered them, she'd have marched right up to the Great Council, demanded a cup of tea and explained to the "girl" Alviarin about how Ishaemael was a product of her imagination and that she better be respectful towards her or she's leaving and depriving them of her fine company.

It probably would have worked too...

It probably would have worked too...

That's the worst part...

Cadsuane thinks to herself: "Once she had thought herself on the point of rooting out the Black only to watch her quarry slip through her fingers like smoke."

In the context--Cadsuane's fears that some of the sisters sworn to Rand might be Black Ajah--the 'once' becomes a fairly operative word.

Verin's & Cadsuane's discussion in Far Madding (Winter's Heart Chapter 25) seems to indicate that Cadsuane is Light sided.

The best way to make sure would be if Cadsuane foreswears then re-swear on the Oath Rod; like Egwene has ordered in the rebel camp and in the Tower.

I think she thought she was trying to help Moriane survive in NS I doubt the she knew sister she assigned to Mo was BA. She commented that it was much later she learned what Suian and Mo where doing, and how they screwed things up.

I am curious about what would have happened if she bad mouthed Mo to Rand.

I am curious about what would have happened if she bad mouthed Mo to Rand.

I actually think he would have throttled the life out of her with his bare hands. If she had done so when he went all Dark.. I think he would have torn the Pattern with the Balefare-death he would have inflicted on her.

My first instinct was that it's highly unlikely Cadsuane would have slipped through Verin's research, seeing as she's been Aes Sedai longer than anyone and therefore likely to have been in more BA hearts as BAS died and were replaced over the years (and therefore had more contacts than any other BA, upping the likelihood of being found out.) On second thought, though, this actually becomes a case against her being found out - she's been inactive for decades, meaning her old cell-sisters might very well be dead by now, and it might be in the Dark's interest to keep an agent out of the current loops so that no-one can identify her, especially one who gets instant respect and deference from just about anyone simply by walking into the room.

It's an interesting thought, but it just doesn't fit Cadsuane at all in my mind (and her and Verin being BA would have been a bit much.)

My first instinct was that it's highly unlikely Cadsuane would have slipped through Verin's research, seeing as she's been Aes Sedai longer than anyone and therefore likely to have been in more BA hearts as BAS died and were replaced over the years (and therefore had more contacts than any other BA, upping the likelihood of being found out.) On second thought, though, this actually becomes a case against her being found out - she's been inactive for decades, meaning her old cell-sisters might very well be dead by now, and it might be in the Dark's interest to keep an agent out of the current loops so that no-one can identify her, especially one who gets instant respect and deference from just about anyone simply by walking into the room.

It's an interesting thought, but it just doesn't fit Cadsuane at all in my mind (and her and Verin being BA would have been a bit much.)

I reiterate, Cadsuane infers she had but one, brief exposure to the Black Ajah, and it amounted to nothing.

I reiterate, Cadsuane infers she had but one, brief exposure to the Black Ajah, and it amounted to nothing.

Not arguing for Cadsuane as a sleeper. :) I just liked the ambiguity of whether Cads's longevity would strengthen or weaken the case for her to be BA (other facts aside.)

Archived