DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Talk of dreams

Rasheta Ardashir

Taia had returned to the tower several days before with Miahna, she was sitting in her room thinking about the last few weeks and the homecoming to the tower. It was both a good homecoming and a bad one. The good news was that the darkfriends had been killed. The bad news was Taia was never sure if the lion tamer would forgive her, it wasn't Taia's fault she had to act like a wealthy woman would in that situation. Miahna, in a rare moment of good humor, had teased Taia relentlessly about it asking if she'd used the sa'sara on him. Taia had sighed deeply as if she would be that stupid, the dance was known to have started at least two wars. Greens had such an overblown reputation that sometimes it just wasn't worth it to fight it. Although Taia knew Miahna knew Taia wasn't as flirty as some of the Greens. Taia had, had two warders in the past but she'd never fallen in love with either and hadn't flirted with anyone while she had them. She sighed thinking about warders reminded her that if she was going to keep up this work with Miahna she had better start turning her attention to finding one.

Taia wondered what could possibly motivate a man to become bonded or join the Tower guard. She'd asked both her own warders such a question before and they had given her different answers. One did it to learn to protect people. He had lost a young sibling and blamed his lack of skill with a weapon. He had ridden around the world with her and protected her and others very well. The other did it at first to attain glory, he said he needed something to make his name live forever, she had told him it was highly unlikely he would attain such glory in the service of the tower, or her. He'd laughed and said it was more possible there then anywhere else. She'd sighed and thought the answer a little illogical, she realized she'd been thinking like a White and shuddered. He'd told her later glory had been the start but later it had been the same reason her other had. To protect people, they both knew how she felt at the loss of innocent life. In the borderlands especially, those lands were her homeland and you never quite forgot your homeland. Taia wanted to return but it wasn't possible for the moment, she missed her homeland, although it had changed in recent years, it was still somewhere to go where people were respectful without the added fear that usually went with it. Taia shook herself out of the melancholy and decided to find a newer group of trainee's to ask her questions of. They'd think she was a Brown for sure or a White, so she grabbed her Green ajah shawl threw it around her shoulders. Shook her hair out, so it fell down her back in nice waves. She knew her hair was the next best feature to her eyes she made sure everyone else knew it too. She left her room and made her way through the halls.

When she got to the warder yards she scanned the field. There were two men standing not to far from her, both didn't yet have the look of the older warders, so they must be trainees. She studied them for a moment the first one was tall and she had to admit he caught her eye. She couldn't tell too much about his appearence, other then his height and his dark hair. She turned her attention to the other one he was shorter and looked as though he had a little more experience then the other man. She walked toward them ignoring the smiles from the more experienced warders, she wasn't here for either a bonding or seduction no matter what the others said. She inwardly groaned again. Bad reputations were annoying at this time. She stopped in just behind the shorter of the two, his back being to her the taller one noticed her first. He started in surprise causing the other to turn around. She smiled at them both.

"Hello." She said sweetly. "I'm Taia an Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah." She cringed she sounded like a school girl with a crush it was too late now she had to move on. "I came to ask you both a question. Why do you do this? What drives you to become one of the tower guard or possibly bonded to an Aes Sedai?"

Taia Misna

Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah.

Thinking of warders

Edited by Rasheta Ardashir

As Tris saw the Aes Sedia approach him he became nervous. I hope I haven't done anything wrong he thought. As she came closer she seemed deep in thought. She smiled sweetly and approached Tris and his fellow recruit and friend Torvus.

Torvus startled as Tris turned around to look on the Aes Sedai.

Tris smiled wryly and waited for her to speak first as he was taught.

"Hello." She said sweetly. "I'm Taia an Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah." She cringed she sounded like a school girl with a crush it was too late now she had to move on. "I came to ask you both a question. Why do you do this? What drives you to become one of the tower guard or possibly bonded to an Aes Sedai?"

Came to ask us a question an Aes Sedai? thought Tris. He had never really thought about the deep undercurrents that moved him to the Tower before then taking a deep breath he steeled his resolve and spoke in clear and resounding tones.

"May the Light shine on you Taia Sedai *bows*. My name is Tris Grimm I came from a family that was ripped apart due to my brothers sins his joining the white cloaks destroyed not only my home and the forge but it also claimed my fathers life in short succession. I serve the Tower to serve the Light and to crush evil under my feet."

With a wry shrug he continued "My father died because of the evil in my brothers heart to attone for his sins I will become a living sword for the Light." nodding to himself that should be about it he thought to himself. I hope I spoke well. "My dream is to become a Warder bonded to an Aes Sedai and serve this world like my brother never will be able to my resolve is strong in this Taia Sedai" he said maybe a little to forcefully after all beautiful women even those with ageless faces can intimidate a man to such.

Edited by SwordSworn

Another day in the Warder Yards. A typical day of trying not to be covered in bruises but inevitably doing so. A day of trying to make everyone else be covered in bruises and usually being somewhat successful. And the rare evenings he was off, Torvus enjoyed sneaking into places for booze. This was when he was not plugged into the library reading everything he could get his hands on and learning many things.

Occasionally his somewhat straight-laced friend Tris was in on the goal for finding ways to dull the pain and have a good time, or learn new things. At least his friend Tris didn't judge him for his drinking or intense studying habits like so many other people. The Whitecloaks did things like that, Tris explained with a fervent hatred of whitecloaks that Torvus found inspiring.

So they were on their way to possibly be up to no good, when an Aes Sedai snuck up behind them and spoke. Where did she come from?! Tris noticed her first, of course, since he towered over most people here, and he smiled at Torvus's reaction.

Wait till I slip a laxative into your ale, my smug little Light-headed friend! he thought to himself.

Torvus turned around and listened, wondering what in the Light an Aes Sedai would want to do with them. Ah, she wanted to know why they were here. Of course. Torvus might have guessed she was of the Brown Ajah, but strangely, her shawl was fringed with Green indicating that color. Maybe she was a Brown in disguise? Or maybe she really was a Green, overcompensating from her desire not to look like a Brown by asking such questions? Torvus would likely never know for sure. Aes Sedai were tricky, like that. And yet this one was also from Saldaea, which made Torvus feel rather intrigued to know more about her. He didn't see too many people around here from Saldaea.

Grimm went into his usual piece about his Whitecloak brother and his desire to serve the Light. Torvus respected Tris even in his reasons of being here, but why did he have to be so serious all the time? Then it came turn for Torvus to speak, and his mind went completely blank. Why was he here? Did he even know that? Or was he just going through the motions and trying to figure things out?

"Umm..." he trailed off, embarrassed. Then, suddenly remembering that he was speaking to an Aes Sedai with a familiar sensation of panic--An Aes Sedai Mother's milk in a bloody cup!-- he forced himself to relax, remember his manners, and composed himself.

"Yes, Taia Sedai, thank you so much for asking me this question." he said politely, stalling, adding a graceful bow such as Saldaeans liked to do when they weren't doing everything else in the saddle. And what a fine looking woman this Taia Sedai was! She would certainly be a fine...riding companion. Embarrassed again, Torvus decided to play the sarcastic tone, see if that would get him anywhere.

"Why do I want to join the Tower Guard?" Torvus did not have the ambition, like Tris Grim, to follow and serve one woman for the rest of his life. No, it was the Guard for him, he thought. A long life of duty, but at least there were times when guardsmen went off duty and could enjoy their own life. He didn't think he had a good chance of doing that as a Warder.

"The library." he said vaguely. Both Tris and Taia gave him a funny look. Torvus shrugged.

"What is there to explain? Begging your pardon, Aes Sedai," he added. "The Tower has the best library in the world, no? So I came here to learn more, but of course I can't make a living reading books like I'd like to." Well, technically torvus had come here initially as an interested scholar, but that dream had been a little sidetracked. There was so much to do around here! "And well, Taia Sedai, I found myself enrolled as a trainee before long. I think there was a drinking game. . ."

Torvus squinted, trying to remember the drinking game a long time ago with Adela. He could have sworn he won the game, but everyone else said he didn't, and the wager he had apparently made was to join the Tower Guard. So here he was.

"It's a long story and I do not wish to waste your precious time, Taia Sedai. But yes, the library and drinking. That's why I'm here." he finished with a smile and a bow, inwardly having difficulty holding back a laugh. He needed a laugh... Why was he sober again?!

-Torvus,

suddenly wanting a drink.

Taia studied each of the men as they spoke the answer to her question. The first one, Tris he said his name was, answered her respectfully but he seemed a little uncomfortable. She wasn't surprised many of the new recruits were a little in awe of the Aes Sedai in the tower, or they were a little afraid or a combination of them both. Taia couldn't say she blamed them some of the Aes Sedai were downright scary! Even to her and she'd held the shawl for a good number of years. Taia had always tried to make people feel at ease around her. Which is why she laughed a lot and smiled more then most. Miahna came to her for cheering up a lot too. Taia wasn't always frivolous she had a very serious side as well, Miahna was the only one who had seen it recently though. Well and the two men in front of her now, she really did want to know what drove men to chose this life. Tris talked about his dream and ended with

"My dream is to become a Warder bonded to an Aes Sedai and serve this world like my brother never will be able to my resolve is strong in this Taia Sedai"

Taia tiled her head slightly to the side and studied Tris a little more closely he was here to serve because of some kind of vengeance against his brother. She wondered if his brother had been a whitecloak, that would be odd she would have to question Tris more about this. She turned her attention to the shorter of the two he appeared less intimidated by her which she found surprising, he couldn't have been here that much longer then Tris she didn't comment though and he talked about the library and needing a drink she did laugh when he mentioned he had come because of a drinking game. She was continuing to smile throughout his narrative and when he was done she added.

"Tar Valon's taverns are some of the best in the world for gossip, gambling and drink." She added in a more serious tone, "Hopefully though, you don't let yourself be to distracted if the Tower needed you it would be a pity for you to be killed because you were too drunk to notice someone coming after you." She thought about what they had said and addressed Tris first.

"You came to the tower to serve the light because of something your brother did, you will have to explain to me a little clearer what your brother has to do with it. Is he a whitecloak?" Before he could answer she added in an even more serious tone "Would it make a difference to you if the Aes Sedai you were bound too couldn't heal anything more serious then a bruise or simple cuts? There are many sisters in the tower who can't heal much more then that." She'd never show it to the men in front of her, but she still remembered the pain of watching her warder die in front of her because she couldn't heal him. He'd told her he forgave her of course he would say that, but if she'd been stronger in healing, and defensive power she would have been able to do SOMETHING! As it was she was a fighter before anything else and she relied on others for the rest. She turned her attention to Torvus and added

"And you I'm trying to understand. You come to the tower for the library and the taverns." She smiled again "but nothing else. You could be bonded right now." She moved her hand to touch his face and was satisfied to see him jerk backwards away from her. "I see that would bother you. It is a possibility though, not all the sisters are as willing to leave men alone as I am. I think you may need a new reason for being here." She stopped herself from adding "child" to the end of the sentence, he wasn't a novice, in fact he looked older then most of the Novices, they both did but maybe that had more to do with training then anything else. She went back to studying both men in front of her as her words sunk in and they tried to form responses.

• 2 weeks later...

"Hopefully though, you don't let yourself be to distracted if the Tower needed you it would be a pity for you to be killed because you were too drunk to notice someone coming after you."

Torvus pondered what Taia Sedai had just said there. Could it be she was being cheeky with him? This would be an interesting development, he thought.

She turned and talked to Tris, and then turned back to him. She reached out and mentioned bonding. Not knowing exactly how that spell worked, Torvus flinched back. Weren't there rules for doing that against your will? Or were there? He felt embarrassed that he knew so little about what Aes Sedai could do with the Power. There were precious few books on the subject in the Tower Library, and all of them were in the restricted section that only Aes Sedai could access.

Torvus frowned at Taia's criticism. His reason for being there was more complicated than the library or drinking, certainly. He had come to learn, and was learning. That might be the best simple explanation, but how to get that through without being dangerously rude?

Oh, he'd never hear the end of it anyway. Best say what was on his mind!

"My reasons for being here are my own, and can change when they need to, Aes Sedai," Torvus said boldly. "They're certainly not for the purpose of being tied eternally to an Aes Sedai's control. Rather, I'm interested in serving the entire White Tower with my talents. I'm sure you can understand my reasoning's a lot more complicated than those that I've said. I merely did not want to waste your time with a monologue about my exploits here, interesting though they may be. I didn't think you were the type to listen to a lot of more. . .seedy, vulgar talk. You know how soldiers are, begging your pardon, Aes Sedai," he added with a grin. Let her chew on that.

Torvus,

cocky

(occ: sorry about the wait problems at the detachement office)

After hearing Torvus' rebbutle Tris was shocked, how can he speak to and Aes Sedai like that? Anyway it was far past time for Tris to answer her question. . . the memories where still fresh in his mind and the pain still deep but keeping it hidden as best as he could be began to answer, "Yes my brother is a whitecloak, he tore my family apart and is the reason my father died in the long run..." he said quickly and to the point. "I joined the white tower to not only serve the Light but also to reedeem my brother of his sins to my family in a way *shakes head* sorry Aes Sedai its slightly complicated. As for your other question yes I would still bond to a Aes Sedai even if she couldn't heal me. If I'm a good enough Warder to protect her then I need to do my job well and not be hurt but if I'm hurt I would rather the Aes Sedai be safe than my own self. That is how I choose to serve the white tower and I will give it every ounce of my will. *Bows* Does that answer your question Taia Sedai?"

He waited for her answer, Burn my brother for what he did! I will serve the Tower and the Light with all my resolve I will be strong! Tris's eyes where full of pain, resolve, and fire of hatred.

Tris,

Devote and fearless servant of the sword and the Light

Passing nearby, watching their conversation, a youth noticed them talking, and passed nearby on his way the the building that housed the leadership of the Tower Guard. He was a thin, wiry youth, with dark hair that flowed down his back. He was well worn, and had the look of a traveler. He had one sword over his back that was hung in the Arafellin fashion, with the hilt sticking over the top of his head. The handle was covered in a rag, tied in place. He walked with purpose, and the sword rested in place like it was a familiar object on his person.

As he passed, he heard one of the two men, the taller one, finish his sentence. "Its slightly complicated. As for your other question yes I would still bond to a Aes Sedai even if she couldn't heal me. If I'm a good enough Warder to protect her then I need to do my job well and not be hurt but if I'm hurt I would rather the Aes Sedai be safe than my own self. That is how I choose to serve the white tower and I will give it every ounce of my will." After bowing, he continued... "Does that answer" before he Rekinu got too far away to hear anymore.

He could have walked slower and heard the rest of the conversation, but it was not his place to pry where he was not wanted, neither was it like him to eavesdrop. That particular Aes Sedai looked nice, and reminded him again of the Aes Sedai who he had met in Shol Arbela, the same kindness in her eyes. Not all Aes Sedai had that he knew, but some few did, and this was one of them.

He pushed them out of his mind temporarily when he entered the building.

(ooc, hope you don't mind that I entered the conversation, but i was just passing by in my intro thread, so i figured I would just add it here too... you can just ignore me... hope I am not intruding...)

OOC: I added in the next day part in order to let Rekinu join in, at the suggestion of Visar. :) I hope this gives you guys some to reply too and enjoy rping the night etc. *ggls*

IC:

"My reasons for being here are my own, and can change when they need to, Aes Sedai," Torvus said boldly. "They're certainly not for the purpose of being tied eternally to an Aes Sedai's control. Rather, I'm interested in serving the entire White Tower with my talents. I'm sure you can understand my reasoning's a lot more complicated than those that I've said. I merely did not want to waste your time with a monologue about my exploits here, interesting though they may be. I didn't think you were the type to listen to a lot of more. . .seedy, vulgar talk. You know how soldiers are, begging your pardon, Aes Sedai,"

Taia nearly smiled, she rather enjoyed people telling her exactly what they thought. Although he would have to watch his tongue around the rest of the tower. Most of the Aes Sedai were not as tolerant of impudence as Taia was, she could think of no less then six Aes Sedai who would have had Torvus locked up for saying half as much, or if not that strung up by his toes and hung somewhere using air. Taia wasn't in favor of such tactics but she could see there merit sometimes. Torvus needed to be around Greens more, soldiers talk held little surprise for them. They were all soldiers themselves, Taia had spent time with the borderlanders who could be very crude, even with their respect for her as an Aes Sedai. She opened her mouth to say something like that when Tris started talking. She turned her attention to him making a note to address Torvus in a moment.

Taia watched Tris speak about his family and the sadness and regret pass over his face, shortly after his resolve to do the best he could for the tower.

As for your other question yes I would still bond to a Aes Sedai even if she couldn't heal me. If I'm a good enough Warder to protect her then I need to do my job well and not be hurt but if I'm hurt I would rather the Aes Sedai be safe than my own self. That is how I choose to serve the white tower and I will give it every ounce of my will. *Bows* Does that answer your question Taia Sedai?"

Taia glanced over at Torvus, he seemed to be a little frustrated with Tris answer. No, not frustrated, Taia decided, maybe amused was a better word. She couldn't quite put a name on the emotion she turned her attention back to Tris and smiled at him. "It did answer my question thank you Tris. I think you will make a good warder and serve the tower well. Maybe you will even serve me someday." She winked and turned serious as she thought about his other comments. She hadn't been very close to her brothers and sisters but she still remembered the pain of her fathers death. "I'm sorry about your brother, and your family. You know that if you become a warder he will probably never speak to you again." She paused, "Unless you two already don't speak then he will probably just try and kill you if you two meet again."

She addressed both men saying. "I'm glad I met you both it has been interesting, to learn more about why a man chooses to become a weapon for the tower." She paused and glanced at Torvus. "Or to not become one." She couldn't bite back the smile then. "Learn to curb your impudence Torvus some of the sisters in the tower would not react well to your outburst earlier." She had more she wanted to know about the Warders but she had other duties to see too. She asked "Could you both meet me tomorrow in the morning. I'd like to talk to you both a little long but now I must go and see to other things." She got nods and she smiled. "Good, I will see you both tomorrow." Taia turned and left the two thinking up questions to ask the next day.

The next day a third man was standing with Tris and Torvus. Taia walked up to them and nodded to the new young man. "Good morning, who are you?"

Taia Misna

Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah.

Upon waking, Rekinu was greeted by some of the other trainees, and they went together. Apparently and Aes Sedai wished to speak with them, and Rekinu tagged along. They were the ones he had seen upon his entrance to the White Tower, speaking in the field.

As they were standing together, and Aes Sedai approached them, and said "Good morning, who are you?" ending the sentence looking directly at him.

He had not addressed an Aes Sedai, and was unfamiliar with the correct protocol, but a normal Borderland greeting would have to do.

Starting off, he put his fist to his heart, and bowed low, making sure to show deference to the Aes Sedai, remembering to keep his posture strait. He had left his sword in the barracks, as the other trainees assured him that it would be safe, but it felt weird to be without it. His hand twitched unconshiously to where the harness would have rested on his hip, to insure that it was in place, before he moved it back to hang by his side.

"Umm, ahh..." he started Light, he sounded like a fool! regaining his composure, he started again, "Good morning, Aes Sedai, may the Light shine on you always, and may your sword always find peace. I am Rekinu Alasayaar, I hail from Shol Arbela, in Arafel."

He finished looking directly into her green eyes, admiring the nice contrast with her striking red hair.

Edited by Rekinu Alasayaar

As Tris gave his answer, Torvus resisted the urge to loudly roll his eyes, if he could give that sort of gesture volume. The man was righteous and almost no fun, but he was an honorable young man, and it was good to have some around as friends. Plus, he had only recently arrived and his skill with the sword was almost equaling Torvus's poor and often times awkward technique. The sword wasn't really his kind of weapon anyway. Get the killing done with far away with a bow, or poison them with darts, or throw knives. Seeking close combat was for fools that wanted the ethereal honor, or wanted to get themselves killed, which somehow automatically merited them the same.

"Learn to curb your impudence Torvus some of the sisters in the tower would not react well to your outburst earlier."

Torvus's small smile curdled. Impudent? He? Why, he had only spoken his mind honestly and frank, as any Saldaean would! Impudent. . . But before he could think up a clever retort--this Aes Sedai was actually rather fun to talk to!--She told them that she had business elsewhere, but would see them on the morrow.

Well, the morrow would give him time to plan. Yes, always had to plan ahead with someone like an Aes Sedai. They usually kept you from having any impromptu fun.

That night, Torvus tried to sneak out into town for a drink, but the guards were too numerous to risk it. Thankfully, there was a small drinking party in the gatehouse, and Torvus was able to beg off a small flask of brandy from a Guardsman in return for a few favors. Drinking by himself in his rooms, Torvus had a good night to himself.

The next morning he remembered his appointment with Tris and the Aes Sedai. As he went through the halls, he heard someone mentioning a new trainee who had slept on the floor instead of their bunk. On the floor? Who would do something so strange when there was a perfectly made bed right next to him!

Torvus had a sudden idea, and decided to introduce himself to the trainee.

"I'm Torvus, and I've been here a while so you'd better do what I say. You're going to come with me and meet with an Aes Sedai. She's interested in hearing why you're here. You'd better come up with something good! You are here for a good reason, yes?"

Strangely, his insulting manner did not have much affect on the trainee. Perhaps he was a little tired. They made their way to Taia Sedai and arrived. As he hoped, Taia turned her attention initially to the newcomer, who despite his humble, somewhat ragged appearance, introduced himself in stiff Borderlander fashion.

An Arafellin! Well I'll be, I thought they were all dead. Or was that Kandor? I forgot and I don't give it a bloody sneeze anyway.

Well he wasn't going to butt into the conversation just yet. That would be rude!

Torvus Arafel,

-mockingly polite today

Tris quickly recognized the new recruit who looked like he might have been a street tough. An Arafellin by the looks of him. The Aes Sedai told him to come back tommorow so Tris went to bed and woke early the next morning to find Torvus and the Arafellin talking with the Green sister. The Arafellin whos name turned out to be Rekinu was giving the traditional borderland introduction. Now that is a recruit with some zeal thought Tris. He strod over and waited for either of them to continue. I wonder what the Aes Sedai will want to talk about today? Tris readied himself being polite by waiting for the sister to speak first.

Tris Grimm,

Warder Recruit

Taia didn't smirk when the young man bowed to her in typical borderlander style, she looked him over as he bowed. He was young, younger then the other two or if not less tested. She couldn't quite put her finger on it but he was a little different. Torvus looked amused behind the young man and Taia wondered if he was always like that or if he could be serious. She might have to make it her duty to find out. The young man in front of her spoke.

"Good morning, Aes Sedai, may the Light shine on you always, and may your sword always find peace. I am Rekinu Alasayaar, I hail from Shol Arbela, in Arafel."

Rekinu. She thought. "hmmm my last warder was from there." She had always enjoyed her stays in Arafel. They were, like the rest of the borderlands, respectful of Aes Sedai, while at the same time they had been willing to tell her if she was being stupid. Which she found interesting, they also had a strange sense of honor, which she liked as she had her own code of honor that not many could figure out. So she was talking to a boy from Arafel, one from Andor, and then one she didn't know where he came from. She glanced at Torvus again briefly, but turned her full attention to Rekinu. "Good morning to you young man. I have come out here to learn the reason for why would you wish to become a warder." She waved her hand to the other two. "I asked them yesterday and got interesting answers. Since they have brought you along you can answer as well. Why would you decide to dedicate your life to the White Tower? Maybe eventually you will dedicate your life to an Aes Sedai. What would drive you to do this." She turned serious to add.

"Would it make a difference to you if the Aes Sedai you were bound too couldn't heal anything more serious then a bruise or simple cuts? There are many sisters in the tower who can't heal much more then that."

She handled the question a little better this time, with not a trace of pain in her voice. She remembered her near death experience sometime ago. Miahna had saved her, but Taia wouldn't always be traveling with her friend. She pushed those thoughts out of her head and smiled again at Torvus this time.

"And let him answer before you talk over him. He deserves that much respect." Torvus gave her a look which was just on the verge of being rude, she only continued to smile at him. She knew he would say something nearly disrespectful later.

Taia Misna

Green Sister

Getting more answers.

Edited by Rasheta Ardashir

After a moment, the Aes Sedai turned her full attention to Rekinu after looking over the other two, and then she said, "Good morning to you young man. I have come out here to learn the reason for why would you wish to become a warder." She waved to the other two, and continued. "I asked them yesterday and got interesting answers. Since they have brought you along you can answer as well. Why would you decide to dedicate your life to the White Tower? Maybe eventually you will dedicate your life to an Aes Sedai. What would drive you to do this." After a slight pause, which Rekinu noticed, she finished with another addition to the question. "Would it make a difference to you if the Aes Sedai you were bound too couldn't heal anything more serious then a bruise or simple cuts? There are many sisters in the tower who can't heal much more then that. And let him answer before you talk over him. He deserves that much respect."

He was silent for a moment, thinking before he spoke. "Truthfully, I have lived my life in some of the hardest situations, never knowing where the next meal would come from. One particularly hard week, I had not eaten much, and was in the main square, begging for work, delivering messages, or other small ways for a 10-winters-old man to work, when an Aes Sedai gave me a loaf of bread. In all my years, I have never seen such kindness from one I have never seen before, no probably shall see again. A week ago, I was outside Tar Valon, with a merchant group, as a worker to repay someone for saving my life, and they told me to come here. On my way, when I saw an Aes Sedai walk by, I was reminded of that simple act, and my debt of gratitude. I will gain my honor, and I will prove myself worthy. If I am so lucky to be chosen by an Aes Sedai, to be her warder and protector, I would count myself lucky to be able to perform in such a position, protecting them, and assisting in their great work to prepare the world for the Dragon Reborn."

Pausing again, he thought about the questions delivered. Hmmm. How do I feel about healing?

Hesitating only a moment, Rekinu continued; "If an Aes Sedai were to choose me, no matter their skill or power, it would be up to me to protect her. I would be amazed at such trust in a bastard like me." He paused again, continuing in a quieter voice, as sincere words he had never before spoken. "If, in that capacity I were to be mortally wounded, I would thank them for the opportunity to have served them, and die with honor."

Edited by Rekinu Alasayaar

• 2 weeks later...

Taia waited while the young man thought about his answer, when he spoke next he spoke of his past and if he was chosen how he would be honored to protect anyone till the Dragon was reborn. It was a good speech, but Taia was still wondering why they thought it an honor to protect an Aes Sedai. Most of the other sisters were far to interested in politics or the logic of things. The White sisters almost never bonded, the Browns would only notice there warder if they were out of ink or paper and needed him to fetch more. The Reds well Taia thought most of the Reds needed to go out to one of the taverns and get very drunk in order to loosen up some. Although the Reds almost never bonded either. Yellow, Green, Grey, and Blue being the most active bonding Ajahs. The Greens led the bonding race there, mostly because they were warriors and it was always good to have more warriors with you when you went out. Taia needed to find someone suitable for herself soon. She pulled herself out of her reverie when Rekinu spoke again about her question of healing.

"If an Aes Sedai were to choose me, no matter their skill or power, it would be up to me to protect her. I would be amazed at such trust in a bastard like me." He paused again, continuing in a quieter voice, as sincere words he had never before spoken. "If, in that capacity I were to be mortally wounded, I would thank them for the opportunity to have served them, and die with honor."

It must be a borderlander mentality, they always said something close to what Rekinu had just said. She nodded to him and thought about all the answers so far. She was enjoying herself, "Thank you for your answer Rekinu maybe someday you will be the warder to a Green or someone equally worthy of your steadfastness." She added silently "Maybe even me."

"what are you training for?" she paused and added "Weapons wise, one of my now dead warders was very good with a quarterstaff, the other was nearly a blademaster. He kept losing to Edvar with his staff though." She smiled at the memory, turning her attention back to the men in front of her. "When you have done some training here in the tower I would suggest you go and learn more in the Blight. It will be good to get it out of your system before you bond. You wouldn't want to freeze when you get there and cost your Aes Sedai her life. Are you even allowed to leave the tower yet?" She asked curious.

After listening to him speak, Rasheta returned with another question, "what are you training for?" she paused and added "Weapons wise, one of my now dead warders was very good with a quarterstaff, the other was nearly a blademaster. He kept losing to Edvar with his staff though." She seemed to smile a little at some memory that she was holding on to, that was good.

Jumping at the question, Rekinu offered his answer, though perhaps a bit too fast. After he started he thought "hmm... I might offend Tris or Torvus, but no matter, I have started already.

"I am skilled with a knife, that being the main weapon used on the streets, but since arriving at the Tower, I have been trained a little instruction in the sword, and actually hope to learn the use of a shield as well. I feel that knowing how to block with a shield will make a good difference in a fight, and I have one of my father's swords that I will become proficient in." The last was perhaps a bit too forcefully spoken, before he took another breath, and continued... "I also have chosen the staff as a potential weapon, but as of yet have not received any training with it. When I have finished a couple of other training spars, I hope to take a lesson from Edvar, as I was told he is the best in the Tower with it."

After he finished, he turned to Tris and Torvus to hear their answers.

Rekinu Alasayaar

Trainee - hoping to not have offended