DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How would the forces of dark win?

A Rant Lord

I'm not sure if this has been thought of before, haven't read it so far, but not really reading a lot lately...

Mind you, had a couple of beers already so if this is completely insane, please let me know.

Now, I take it all who read this are familiar with the draw/win/turning of the dragon theories.

I would like to begin with the first peace of knowledge directly in front of our noes: The forsaken are all afraid to use balefire.

Why is this so? I think they fear destroying the world they will become masters off. Now, why, when the dragon turns sides the battle ends in a draw?

Because the dragon would be Nae'blis and would actually WANT to rule the world, whereas the DO wants to unravel the pattern. He would then have all the forsaken trying to contain the DO, because they want to rule a land, not a nothingness. (maybe ishy is the only exeption here, but who cares, the dragon is Nae'blis) That being said (beer speaking) I think the only way the dark can win is if the dragon actually goes insane, lose his mind, gets completely woeka, crazy, monkey buisiness, whatever you want to call it, and not only destroys randland, but all realites, literally unravels the entire pattern. I thus also don't believe the DO is a direct being, meaning he can influence men, but never act on his own. The DO and creator can only act through men, and, seeing as the forsaken are selfish and want to rule, I think they will not unravel the pattern because they WANT TO RULE, just as dark Rand. Now, the funny part, in order for the forsaken to function, the DO has to protect them from madness, and since I believe madness is the only way to destroy the world, the DO actually bites his own tail here xD.

Sorry if this is madness due to beer overdose!

What I think, is that your theory may be right as long as the seals are not broken- then the Forsaken and new dark champion can rule the world, why not- let them play and have fun. However, I am convinced that the seals are breaking as a result of Rand's actions, not the DO's pushing on them. Therefore, if the DR turns, the seals will not break and the DO will remain imprisoned, so that his pupils can safely rule the world (they can loose as well (and frustrated nihilist Ishy can commit suicide)) and there's a draw. Look, if the seals are broken, the DO is unstoppable and I don't see how could anybody convince him to not get off the Bore and destroy the world, regardless of anybody's wishes. What Ishy is aware of.

I'm not sure if this has been thought of before, haven't read it so far, but not really reading a lot lately...

Mind you, had a couple of beers already so if this is completely insane, please let me know.

Now, I take it all who read this are familiar with the draw/win/turning of the dragon theories.

I would like to begin with the first peace of knowledge directly in front of our noes: The forsaken are all afraid to use balefire.

Why is this so? I think they fear destroying the world they will become masters off. Now, why, when the dragon turns sides the battle ends in a draw?

Because the dragon would be Nae'blis and would actually WANT to rule the world, whereas the DO wants to unravel the pattern. He would then have all the forsaken trying to contain the DO, because they want to rule a land, not a nothingness. (maybe ishy is the only exeption here, but who cares, the dragon is Nae'blis) That being said (beer speaking) I think the only way the dark can win is if the dragon actually goes insane, lose his mind, gets completely woeka, crazy, monkey buisiness, whatever you want to call it, and not only destroys randland, but all realites, literally unravels the entire pattern. I thus also don't believe the DO is a direct being, meaning he can influence men, but never act on his own. The DO and creator can only act through men, and, seeing as the forsaken are selfish and want to rule, I think they will not unravel the pattern because they WANT TO RULE, just as dark Rand. Now, the funny part, in order for the forsaken to function, the DO has to protect them from madness, and since I believe madness is the only way to destroy the world, the DO actually bites his own tail here xD.

Sorry if this is madness due to beer overdose!

cool theory but i will argmue that it has never been said that rand has turned to the dark side .. only the champion of the light, which can change... theres a thread somewhere argueing this point of "champion of the light can be other people" with quotes somewhere on DM...

see i think that when other champion of the light are turned.. it ends in a draw.. but it can only end in a win if rand, the dragon soul is turned to the dark... (like he almost acciednetly did at VoG)... it hasn't been said that rand has turned to the dark (except ishmael in TEoTW.. but he was crazy and rj even said somthing like u must be made to believe ishmael when he said that) like thats the only logically reason i can see for keeping rand alive and trying to turn him.. think about it.. if rand is the only champion of the light.. then why turn rand if it always ends in a draw.. the dark one can never win and why do something thats never lets you win..? so thats why i think the darkone needs rand to win and goes through all the effort of turning him instead of just killing him...

also how do u know want wud want to rule if neablis... he may just see ishmals point of view and end the pattern to escape the repetitivness...

and if the forsaken were mad... they probally wudn'tdestroy the pattern in their madness.. like all the male channelers after the DO was sealed away were mad and not a single one destroyed the pattern and there were 113 of them which escalated when more went mad... so if that many mad men didn't destroy the pattern then why/how wud 13 forsaken destroy the pattern when there were way more mad men in the breaking of the world destroy the pattern (also if they were mad.. in some ways they wud be easier to capture and kill by the forces of light since they will be oblivious to anything other than their own madness)

Archived