DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn trilogy

Clayden69

Woop Woop!! just finished Book 3 and have to say that I LOVE THIS SERIES!! Thank you Brandon for a highly enjoyable read, and I now have ur other novels on list of books to read.

I found this series so much fun to read. Book 1 is a great intro to the series with some great action sequences and a fantastic and original magic sysytem. Book 2, while I found it to be slightly inferior, was still a really good book. And book 3 was quite simply superb and the ending was spectacular.

Rarely have I connected to characters, like I did with some of the characters in this story. Spook, Sazed and Kelsier I particularly liked, and Ham and Breeze had some good scenes together but I found them not so good seperate. Some of the characters' story arcs are truly compelling and they go on some real hard journeys of self-discovery.

I can't recommend this book highly enough, despite having read Brandons 2 WoT novels, and from what I had heard of him, I was still pleasantly surprised by how good these novels were. Once again my thanks go out to Brandon Sanderson for some highly enjoyable hours of reading.

Peace

Darren Clayden

P.S If you didnt guess already I really liked this book and think that every1 should read it :biggrin:

i hear that alot about the book.. personally i disliked Mistborn but loved the two stand alone novles by him. normally that whatyou hear though, you either like Mistborn and not Elantirs or you like Elantris and Mistborn was meh.

i hear that alot about the book.. personally i disliked Mistborn but loved the two stand alone novles by him. normally that whatyou hear though, you either like Mistborn and not Elantirs or you like Elantris and Mistborn was meh.

I really enjoyed Elantris. And I'm about halfway through the second Mistborn novel and loving them. So I guess I'm an exception... or I guess I'm less of a "gourmet" and more of a "gourmand" when it comes to reading. :huh:

• 5 weeks later...

The Alloy of Law is out today! This is a western/early 20th century novel set in the Mistborn universe. This is, I believe, a standalone novel. It started as a side-project and Sanderson had fun with it. He is also planning a trilogy set in a modern time period in the Mistborn universe and ANOTHER trilogy set in a futuristic time period in the Mistborn universe, but I believe The Alloy of Law is separate from those.

Sweeeeet!!! I can't wait for this... i just heard that there will be a 2nd trilogy that takes place 300 years after the ending of Hero of Ages.

(PS: A really good book by Brandon Sanderson is the Stormlight Archive series book 1 called The Way of Kings... its supposed to be a new wheel of time... series length i mean. It is just amazing. book 2 should come out sometime around aMoL comes out.)

I loved Way Of Kings, am more excited about the next one than I should be lol. I liked Mistborn very much, and Elantris too. Warbreaker was good, and I loved reading it, but it is somehow more forgettable. Also, I dont know who wrote what in the last two WoT books, but I loved them as much as I loved the first 6 in the series. Brandon is good.

• 1 month later...

I HATED Elantris. Warbreaker was pretty bad, too. BUT Way of Kings is absolutely amazing. It ranks up there with my top favored series (WoT, GoT, Malazan, and now Way of Kings). I haven't read Mistborn, and call it stupid if you like, but I couldn't get into a book with the main char being a woman. And I'm assuming it is based solely on the cover and description. But also if its ANYTHING like Elantris then god save me. Thats just a horrible book. And I wouldn't say it so bluntly if Way of Kings wasn't so awesome.

You got to admit, the Way of Kings is an amazing book, close to even the Wheel of Time in my eyes :D

If Sanderson keeps producing Stormlight Archive novels of the same quality as The Way of Kings, then I could absolutely see that series rivaling WoT.

I can't see it being quite as good as WoT. But it def has great potential. The bridge scene at the end is somewhat simple and expected but awesome anyway. The scope of the world he's creating has the potential to be far reaching and amazing, as long as he keeps it coherent. I can't wait for the second.

I loved Way of Kings and HATED Elantris. Warbreaker was mehhhh. It started sort of entertaining but it was way too predictable, imo. I DETESTED the whole color and magic system. The only thing that was cool was the fact that he used Hoit as the storyteller, and he's also the storyteller from Way of Kings. Thought that was kind of ingenious. Anyway I hope neither the magic system from Elantris nor Warbreaker drivels into Way of Kings. Colors? Drawing glyphs in the air. Please. Detestable.

I can't see it being quite as good as WoT. But it def has great potential. The bridge scene at the end is somewhat simple and expected but awesome anyway. The scope of the world he's creating has the potential to be far reaching and amazing, as long as he keeps it coherent. I can't wait for the second.

That's really where I see the series rivaling WoT. The world he's created is incredibly imaginative. I love the idea of Stormlight and how it works both in currency and to some degree the magic system. There's a ton of lore he's setting up too, which has the potential to be fantastic.

I agree. It's amazing so far. If you like the scope of this world, then you should read the Malazan novels. The scope of that world is even greater than the WoT.series. There's even a group of beings who are 300,000 years old in Malazan. World linkage is amazing, and he slowly unveils new dimensions that blow your mind.

Archived