DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Happy 13th Birthday Dragonmount!

JenniferL

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dragonmount is a Godsend. Without it I would be forced to commit countless hours and hours to actual work at my job. Thank you DM for making me the Darklord of Office SLACK! I am a Master at my trade. I have met so many amazing people. I think I have laughed harder at some of the things that have happened here than anything I've seen IRL. I never thought I could worry over someone I have never seen nor be as happy for someone who I've never seen. It still kinda wierds me out sometimes. lol

I love Dm. And have loved DM for, what, 12 years? Yeah, there isn't much going on here that I wasn't a part of.

It's a home I've come to belong in. People here, they come and go. But the point is, DM will always be around. RL may kick me in private and painful places and make me wanna cry. But I know I can always come here to cry. And when RL gives me cake. I can come here to celebrate. When the storm comes, DM's my refuge. And even if there's nothing going on, I know DM's gonna be full of things to do. Mafia, RPing, just hanging loose and tossing random people in my chocolate moat.

I've lost touch with so many people over the years. One of my best friends was Dali. Who disappeared. Others like Arik or Callandor or whoever, well, they're still in my memories. Even people I've known for AGES and who have stuck on from the days where we were a small site that did nothing but RP and chat. Like Kathana, Empy or Jason, well, things have changed. People change. DM changes. But at its heart, there's a core that will remain the same.

And altho I am far from where most of you are and are likely never to meet you in RL, DM has allowed me to come and love people who have turned out to be my best friends in the whole wide world. People who are generous, kind, loving and accepting.

Someday, when I die, I imagine me coming home to this community again. With the smiles of people whom I never go to meet but nonetheless fell in love with. People who have left. Heroes of the wheel who'll be there to greet me. And give me a space amongst them. And each day will be afresh. Anew. An unending Beltine feast that will never grow old.

Yeah it's been a good decade. Not always fun. But good all the same.

Thank you for being my family. My world. My home.

And thank you, all you busy folk who keep it alive.

Love,

Boopsy aka Skechid Aran Teobon aka Vighlair Argnand aka Diynen Bekkar aka Camigwen Klatsang Marivin aka Regalia Frantelle aka Jonathan

"Yeah, I am such a character slut..."

Happy Birthday DM!!!

I love DM! I've learned alot about the books and the different theories that people have about things that haven't been answered...yet :biggrin: I've met some amazing friends here as well and they've all helped me in my life

I love DM, because of the people on DM honestly. When I joined I never thought that I would make such great friends, or that I would end up leader of a Social Group, but it has been fun, and DM and the people I've met here have always been there for me, and I've made friends that I will keep for life.

Happy Birthday DM! I so love this site, met many great people and I literally spend every waking moment not spent working here. The conversations, the games, the articles, far too much to list. Thanks Jason and especially, thanks Jim for giving us all something to enjoy together. Here's to 20 more!!

Happy Nameday Birthday DM!

Here's why I LOVE DM:

Awesome people.

Fun games, like mafia and person above me threads

I love blathering on about the WoT

Dwynwen was awesome enough to give me a position which lets me blather on about the WoT in a public setting, and develop my writing skills in the process

The Happiest of Birthdays, Dragonmount.

I've only just become a member today, but I've visited here before and have always enjoyed the posts. It's wonderful to interact with people who share a common interest, especially that of the WoT novels.

Here's hoping the friendships made here endure across the miles and through the years.

Joseph

Happy Slightly-Belated Birthday, Dragonmount!!!

I want to thank Jason for creating this wonderful site, which shaped my most important years of growing up, and which has brought wonderful people into my life whom I'll always cherish and hold dear. I wouldn't be who I am, or where I am, without Dragonmount. So many good experiences have come from this, and I've learned a lot about myself. I've become a confident individual who apparently has wanderlust that needs to be sated on at least a yearly basis. I've made mistakes, learned from them, moved on, and even though life doesn't always allow me the time I would like to dedicate to this site, I'll always keep coming back here because this is where my family is.

Happy Belated Birthday DM! I love this place so much because it's the only place where I can talk about my (and our) favourite series, given that none of the people that I know in real life read or have read WoT.

So here's to not only another 13 but another 130 (hopefully) years to come!!

Guest KimberlyLehning

I Like dragonmount because you keep the dream alive which continues to honor a great writer and man. Also, there is no where else on the web where we can walk in the light!

13 years really? And I've been here for almost all of them. As many times as I've tried to walk away from this place I keep coming back. I've spent literally almost my entire adult life coming in and out of this website. I started just after my 18th birthday, and I'll be 30 in like a month and a half. I've moved from LA to Texas to Washington to Massachusetts to all over northern California. The one constant has actually been Dragonmount. Its harder to be able to spend the time I want here than when I was 18, but I just can't stay away.

Anyways, thats about as sappy as I'll ever be.

*wanders off and grabs a handful of birthday cake while covertly wiping a tear away*

Gotta keep up appearances

Archived