DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Andhaira

Eye of the World comic

How many issues have been released thus far? How many will it take to complete the first novel? I tried to search on the web, but didn't get an answer to these questions.

Thanks for any replies!

Issue #12 comes out this Wednesday and this series will have 34 or 35 issues total, for the Eye Of The World alone. Once that is finished work will begin on The Great Hunt. Chuck Dixon will be writing all the adaptations so there will be a consistent voice in the comics. Though the art teams will change over time. You can buy the issue's from your local comic shop (you may have to ask them to order them specifically for you which they should do with out a extra charge) or you can buy them directly from the publishers web site.

Dynamite Entertainment

http://www.dynamite.net/htmlfiles/

Comic Shop Locator

http://comicshoplocator.com/

The first collected trade of the series, collecting the first 8 issues has been released and can be found on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Eye-World-Graphic-Novel-Wheel/dp/0765324881/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316397428&sr=8-1

And the Collected New Spring Graphic Novel is also available on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/New-Spring-Graphic-Robert-Jordan/dp/076532380X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1316397428&sr=8-2

Here is a Preview of the next issue coming out this Wednesday.

Preview Of Robert Jordan's The Wheel Of Time : The Eye Of The World #12

Click To Enlarge

th_WoT13covA.jpg th_WoT121.jpg th_WoT122.jpg th_WoT123.jpg th_WoT124.jpg th_WoT125.jpg

Price: $3.99

Shipping: In-Stock!

Related Products:

SKU: C725130164742

Rating: TEEN+

Cover: Andie Tong

Writer: Robert Jordan, Chuck Dixon

Penciller/Inker: Andie Tong

Colorist: Nicolas Chapuis

Genre: FANTASY

Publication Date: APR 2011

Format: Comic Book

Page Count: 32 pages

UPC: 725130164742

It's a full day in Baerlon for Rand al'Thor. First, one of Mat's tricks with some dangerous men almost get Rand into a fight he can't walk away from. Following some sage advice from Gleeman Thom Merrilin and a trip back to the Inn, the boys discover someone from Emond's Field has found them, and is demanding their return from Lan and Moiraine. Join us for the latest chapter in the adaptation of Robert Jordan's WHEEL OF TIME: THE EYE OF THE WORLD!

Ok thanks Andrea. Are the comics coming out once a month?

I just recieved my New Spring trade today and can't wait to read it. However, I notice that the art in New Spring is MUCH better than the art in EOTW. Why couldn't they hire the same artist who did New Spring?

Yes they are released once a month it's being published like any standard on going comic series. Mark S. Miller who did most of the original New Spring art has honestly made a big name for himself in the industry and is a high dollar artists. Like Alex Ross or Jim Lee. So I think he was a bit out of the productions budget.

Edited by Darth_Andrea

I haven't gotten to read any of the comics yet, but I looked at them on Amazon, and I thought the art for the New Spring one looked better, too, even though I was looking forward to reading the Eye of the World more. I still would like to get a chance to read both of them sometime, though.

I haven't gotten to read any of the comics yet, but I looked at them on Amazon, and I thought the art for the New Spring one looked better, too, even though I was looking forward to reading the Eye of the World more. I still would like to get a chance to read both of them sometime, though.

Note the Eye Of The World series will be 36 or so monthly issues long. It will have around 6 collected editions in total to make up the series once it's fully published. After EOTW is Finished The Great Hunt will begin with a fresh #1 from what I have been lead to believe. Were still a few years away from that however.

Oh, right. Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to look for them at my local comic book store!

You will more than likely have to ask for them to order it for you. Most comic shops are not in a habit of carrying these kinds of novel adaptations unless requested.

Really? That's odd I've never heard of that before. It shouldn't be a problem, though, because the guy who works at the comic book store I go to is usually pretty good at ordering and holding stuff for me. Thanks for letting me know about it, though!

So, those of you who have been reading the comics, who is your favourite artist? They've changed several times and I have a hard time deciding which style I like better. Andie Tong might be my favourite so far. I like his depiction of the characters, they are more distinctive than the others and closer to what I imagined, and his lines seem smoother too.

Do you mean the unnecessary sexualization? Yeah, but it kind of goes with the genre... I guess I got used to it!

Well I mean last I checked all the women were not Taraboners =P. Kind of makes you wonder how they're going to make Taraboners and Domani women even more scandalous xD.

Note the Eye Of The World series will be 36 or so monthly issues long. It will have around 6 collected editions in total to make up the series once it's fully published. After EOTW is Finished The Great Hunt will begin with a fresh #1 from what I have been lead to believe. Were still a few years away from that however.

Any word on whether/when The Great Hunt will be started?

For those interested, all the issues of Eye of the World are available at Comixology.com. That's where I read them. I want to say they cost $1.00 - $2.00 and there are about 60 of them.

As for the comic, the covers are awesome and the characters designs seem spot on for the most part. The interior art goes up and down. Some issues feel great, others not so much. The Ways in particular were kind of a disappointment.

Jordan in particular is tough to adapt. So much of the important stuff is internal monologue. It's hard to translate that into a visual medium.

Love to know if anybody else has read the comic and what they thought about it.