DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I know the exact date AMOL 1st draft will be finished!

LemonPastie

Polish, shmolish. I knew before I ever read TGS that the writing style was going to be different because BS said he wasn't going to try and imitate RJ's style! I enjoyed both TGS and ToM very much. Some of my favorite seen in the series are in those two books!

As long as I enjoy a book I could care less if the author uses a word over and over as long as it works in the seen. I never noticed the over use of tempest (which is it in, TGS or ToM?) because I have re-read TGS and I bet when I re-read ToM the use of tempest won't bother me either.

I think some people are channeling their inner English teacher or are just looking for nits to pick.

By the way, I really enjoyed the Mistborn series and tWoK. The Ellend and Vin comparison (which one was stronger) is a bad example because it never changed. Ellend was stronger (an original mistborn, not a descendant) cz zac, Vin was more skilful. It never wavered.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Polish, shmolish. I knew before I ever read TGS that the writing style was going to be different because BS said he wasn't going to try and imitate RJ's style! I enjoyed both TGS and ToM very much. Some of my favorite seen in the series are in those two books!

Hey 3 tav, curious as to what those favorite scenes were?

As one of the many who noticed how rough both TGS and ToM were(along w/BS & team Jordan who have changed their process to address the issues) I would be interested in seeing what you think stands out.

Hey 3 tav, curious as to what those favorite scenes were?

As one of the many who noticed how rough both TGS and ToM were(along w/BS & team Jordan who have changed their process to address the issues) I would be interested in seeing what you think stands out.

Best from those two, for me, are:

- Egween almost completely full of fork root opening a can of wup a$$ and saving the tower from the Seanchan while the rest of the AS rab around like chickens surveyor heads cut off.

- Rand balefiring the castle to kill Grendal after setting up that king as a compulsion laced test strip to see if he got her.

- Rand almost coming the life out of Min, rti find the true power just in time.

- The whole battle in the dream world and how Perrin's battle with Slayer nearly screwed up Egween's trap for Masaana and of course him just ignoring balefire because he new out wouldn't harm him.

- Tam and Rand getting together fit a warm father and son talk, until Rand almost removes Tam from the pattern.

- And of course Veins of Gold!!!

Forgive my misspelling. It is late and I'm full of turkey!

No pressure at all for the final book.

Just what ... 20 years in the making? 20 years of anticipation?

The death of the original author and the mantle of picking up one of the most popular fantasy series' of all time?

Nah, no pressure. I for one have waited since I was about 13 years old for this final book and to finally get to the last battle. Which still really did not start in Book 13. It started, sure ... but not really. A massive trolloc horde was insta-killed by Rand. Woo!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived