DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Great Quotes

goldeneys

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They have caged shadowkiller he thought at last. That was what the Wolves called Rand, but he had no idea if they concidered Rand important.

The shock that filled his mind was answer enough, but howls filled night, near and far; howls filled with anger and fear. In the camp horse whinnied fearfully, stamping their hooves as they shied the picket ropes. Men rand to calm them, and looked into the darkness as if expecting a huge pack to come after the mounts.

We come Half Tail replied at last. Only that, and then others answered. Packs Perrin had not spoken too, who had listened in silence to the two legs that could talk. We come.

Not a quote really, but that passage always gave me the shivers.

I have alway loved this one.. (from COT)

"Some women," Dyelin murmered into her wine, "can make a fish bite by crooking a finger, Lady Birgitte. other women have to drag their bait all over the pond."

That one always makes me laugh and I know a few people it could be applied to!

hahaha, I love that one Mesaana.

“Tinkers.†Hari’s mouth twisted scornfully. “What do we want with a bunch of thieving Tinkers? Take everything that isn’t nailed down.â€

Darl open his mouth, to support Hari no doubt, but before he could speak someone in the crowd shouted, “So do you, Hari! And you’ll take the nails, too!†Sparse laughter snapped Darl’s jaws shut.

hehe, I think we could all name one or two ppl like the Congars.

A couple more good ones:

Women do not become exhausted, they only exhaust others.

-Elder Haman

Most women will shrug off what a man would kill you for, and kill you for what a man would shrug off.

-Lews Therin Telamon

I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard.

-Lews Therin Telamon

At my age, if I make it up, it is still an old saying.

-Lini

I don't care who Nynaeve thumps so long as it is not me.

-Mat Cauthon

I do not have to make sense.

-Nynaeve al'Meara

I may be an old fool, but I will be an old fool in my own way.

-Thom Merrilin

Always plan for the worst, that way all your surprises will be pleasant ones.

-Verin Mathwin

yeah, this is what I'm Talkin about.

hehe I love that Elder Haman one Robert.

Well, I finished rereading the Shadow Rising the other day, and this at the end...after defeating the trollocs at Emonds Field:

Perrin bent to ruffle the boy’s curly hair. “What’s your name, lad?â€

“Jaim Aybara, Lord Perrin. I’m your cousin, I think. Sort of, anyway.â€

Perrin squeezed his eyes shut for a moment to keep the tears in. Even when he opened them his hand still trembled on the lad’s head. “Well, Cousin Jaim, you tell your children about today. You tell your grandchildren, your grandchildren’s children.â€

“I’m not going to have any,†Jaim said stoutly. “Girls are horrible. They laugh at you, and they don’t like to do anything worth doing, and you never understand what they’re saying.â€

“I think one day you’ll find out they’re the opposite of horrible. Some of it won’t change, but that will.â€...

And then comes one of my favorite Perrin quotes (which means one of my favorite quotes of all time as Perrin is my fav char).

...You won’t ever come to understand them, Cousin Jaim, but you won’t care.

Archived