DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Books to films

Clayden69

As I'm reading Mistborn I can't help but think that this trilogy wouldn't be difficult to make into a film trilogy. There have been many discussions about how difficult WoT and other fantasy books would be to turn into films. Tolkien sold the film rights to LotR because at the time he was certain that they would never be able to make them into a film. The magic system in Mistborn wouldn't be too difficult to adapt either and would also be very enjoyable to watch. I think that the action scenes in Mistborn are some of the most fun I've ever read.

I think some of Feist's work and Robin Hobb's work could be made into films without too much trouble. I suppose given the right resources as long as a series is limited to a trilogy at most (with the exception of HP) then most series could be made into films these days.

I havent watched any of the Game of Thrones series but by all reports it is doing the books justice. But it's not often a TV series gets such a budget. Whereas films often get huge budgets, but I've always thought that any series longer than a trilogy would be too much to adapt.

Any Mistborn fans also think this when reading the books? Which other books have you thought would be able to be made into films and still do justice to the books?

I agree, Mistborn is prime for a screen adaptation.

As to some other works that would be good, I think Altered Carbon, by Richard K. Morgan, is good for a movie. Neuromancer, by William Gibson, is another good one that I actually think is already being developed for a movie.

Archived