DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Logains Glory

Apotheosis

I haven't seen sny discussion of Egwene's dream where Logain steps over Rand's onto a black dais then the body crumples to dust. My interpretation is that Logain's glory will come at the BT after he has killed someone (Taim) disguised as Rand. Then Logain steps onto the black stone that Rand used to address the recuits at his one visit there and Logain takes control of the BT. Seems pretty obvious to me, but I'm open to other theories. This also plays into another off the wall theory I'll post separately.

• 1 month later...

This is my personal theory on what it will be, sorry if it's been thought of before.

Basing my thoughts on the idea that Rand will die, and be resurrected after, there is likely going to be a time of disarray while the forces of light try and deal with the loss. During this time, I believe that Logain will step up to the plate and assume control of the armies of the light, or at least rally them. That could possibly explain the crown Min saw while looking at him.

Of course, this is also based on the idea that Logain and the non - dark friend Ashaman will defeat Taim's forces.

Thoughts?

We know that Min has had several viewings of an aura around Logain signifying glory. For example:

..a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come.

..a halo flared around his head, a radiant crown of gold and blue.

There are two possibilities for the blue and gold colours.

Logain now wears an enamelled pin on his shoulder showing three golden crowns in a field of blue. (KoD,Ch18) This is probably from his status as a former minor lord of Ghealdan, before King Johanin stripped him of his titles and lands. (KoD,Ch18)

Mazrim Taim now wears a black coat with blue-and-gold Dragons spiralling up the arms (TPoD29) and also uses as a seal a dragon impressed in a large oval of blue wax that glitters with golden flecks (TPoD14).

(This struck me as it's very different from Rand's red-and-gold Dragon emblem.)

Then, of course, there's Egwene's dream of Logain stepping up onto a black stone, apparently over Rand's body (ACoS10); which is very reminiscent of Taim's Black Tower podium (KoD Epilogue).

.............yes, I think Logain will defeat Taim, and take command of the Asha'man.

ETA:

Some of the Asha’man might believe the Aes Sedai were resigned to their captivity, but only a fool could think fifty-one sisters who had been forcibly bonded would all embrace resignation, and Logain was no fool. Besides, he knew they had been sent to destroy the Black Tower. Yet if he suspected that they were still trying to find a way to end the threat of hundreds of men who could channel . . . Light, constrained as they were, one order could halt them in their tracks! You will do nothing to harm the Black Tower. She could not understand why that command had not been given as a simple precaution.

Logain is thinking ahead..

Archived