DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why you always check the whole box...

addisoncs

I was trolling around eBay the other day because I was bored. I had better things to do, but I didn't feel like doing them.

I came by a lot of WoT books that looked far from impressive. It was a lot of eight hardcovers and four of them were missing dust jackets.

I checked out the listing, and it was even less impressive. They had some photos, but they were so huge it was hard to tell anything from them.

I saw that there was an EotW in there, but I already have a full size HC of it. (The Great Hunt is the only one I am missing) I decided to look closer anyway

I'm glad I did.

Table1.jpg

Table2.jpg

(Sorry if those are a bit big)

If any of you are book collectors you have already noticed how awesome this book is.

It is a First Edition, First Printing of The Eye of the World.

There were 1,500 of them printed in 1990.

This book has a couple of faults, but overall is absolutely beautiful, and has managed to make it 21 years without having ever been fully opened,

I bought the whole box of books for $50 (which would have been outrageous if it weren't for that one book) and that is a $500 book. :|

As a fan of the books, I want to keep it forever.

As a 23 year old living rent free on his parent's property, I know that there are better things I could do with the money...

So it will probably be right back on eBay soon, listed properly so that people know that it is a First/First.

It's still cool to have owned one though. :)

Archived