DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Andy Whitfield's death (Spartacus) R.I.P

brujah

Did anyone else like the original Spartacus series on Starz? I thought it was beyond amazing. Characters and storyline were captivating. It's EXTREMELY sad that Andy Whitfield died. Who could seem more impervious to death? He was so strong, and seemed so healthy. Its quite scary. He made the series. Im hoping this new guy can come across with the same passion. Im looking forward to the next season of Spartacus, and I loved the prequel mini series they did as well. But his death is truely sad. Top three saddest celebrity deaths for me. Id say Heath Ledger was number one, Robert Jordan number two, and Andy Whitfield number three. At least Jordan got to live a longer, fulfilled life. The other two were just kids still.

I loved it! One of the best series' on tv. IMO

I had heard about Andy Whitfield's cancer after the first season and was sad about it. I had hoped he would be able to overcome it but alas, he did not. May he rest in peace. He was outstanding in Spartacus and he did make the series what it was. I am also looking forward to the next season and hope they can bring it back with the level of intensity Andy brought to it.

Sucks that you didnt enjoy it. But I can see how it would not appeal to some. I for one dont like True Blood, even though everyone I know loves it. Spartacus was one of the only TV shows that I actually made myself be at home at 10 on Fridays for.

Archived