DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Egwene's Anger

Grishnak01

Ok... As of right now, I'm reading CoS. I'm to the point where Egwene discovers that Lan has 'returned' after Morraine's death. When she was talking to Siuan in her tent prior to that, Egwene saw Myrelle riding by. Immediately, she ran out to confront her and appeared angry with her. I've gone back and forth in the previous chapters, but can't seem to find why Egwene needed to confront her about anything. From what I gathered, it involved the contingent sent to the White Tower, but when I go back to where Sheriam 'fesses up about that, Myrelle's name isn't mentioned. Of course, the book went off on another tangent (Lan's return) and as of now, I don't have an answer and it doesn't appear that it's going to tell me.

On a side note (from way back when)... When Mog(whatever) got defeated by Nyn and Bridgette, the next book went to Mog(whatever) being captured and 'leashed'. I somehow missed how it was determined that Mog was the refugee.

Would someone be willing to fill in these gaps?

Thanks!

I'd need to go back and check on the first. For the second, when Nynaeve captures her in TAR and uses her to help Rand beat Rahvin, the last thing she does is give her forkroot tea. After which she says something about never mentioning Salidar or something like that about her current location in Mog's hearing. So (this is implied, not spoken straight out), Nynaeve wakes up, and goes and find the person nearby that is comatose due to forkroot. And, since she is unable to channel for some time after being dosed with forkroot, they are easily able to leash her.

Also, Nynaeve knew Moghedien had to be one of the refugees that she and Elayne had brought to Salidar, and of those three, Marigan was the obvious choice to check on first.

Therein lies the question. Somehow I missed how Nyn knew that Marigan was Moghedien. Just because Nyn gave her forkroot doesn't tell me how she knew to look in Salidar for her.

As to why Egwene was "Angry" at Myrelle was because Myrelle was part of the Salidar group that sent off the spys. Although her name wasn't mentioned, in previous books she was definately present.

Ohhhhhhhhh... So Myrelle was one of that group. Ok.. That makes sense as to why Egwene needed to snag her upon passing. And no wonder I didn't remember. Sometimes it's hard to keep all the AS straight as to who's doing what where. ;)

As to why Egwene was "Angry" at Myrelle was because Myrelle was part of the Salidar group that sent off the spys. Although her name wasn't mentioned, in previous books she was definately present.

Ohhhhhhhhh... So Myrelle was one of that group. Ok.. That makes sense as to why Egwene needed to snag her upon passing. And no wonder I didn't remember. Sometimes it's hard to keep all the AS straight as to who's doing what where. ;)

There was also the Nicola Treehill incident.

Nicola tries to blackmail Egwene&co about passing as AS while still Accepted.

She fails, and later Egwene finds out that Myrelle is giving her 'private lessons', and she then realize Nicola may have some dirt on Myrelle. Then she finds Lan, and since Myrelle can't be blackmailed anymore, Nicola is in some trouble.

So Egwene hits several birds with one stone, as usual.

Also, Nynaeve knew Moghedien had to be one of the refugees that she and Elayne had brought to Salidar, and of those three, Marigan was the obvious choice to check on first.

Therein lies the question. Somehow I missed how Nyn knew that Marigan was Moghedien. Just because Nyn gave her forkroot doesn't tell me how she knew to look in Salidar for her.

Specifically, Moghedien knows Birgitte was alive, and talks about Faolain and Siuan, things she could only ever know if she had been in Salidar. From there its not a huge step to pick that it was going to be one of the women from Somara, and Marigan the most likely. All it took to see is if Marigan wouldn't wake up, and presto.

Archived