DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Book X

Ratatatpat

To be honest, I was somewhat disappointed with ending of ToM. Always towards the end of Jordan's books he has me unable to put the book down with the sudden action-packedness. It almost seemed like book ten did not have a climax, but was simply paving the way for book eleven, so I'm not too disappointed because maybe book eleven will be twice as dope.

Also, is there any possible way to avoid spoilers in these forums? I've been revealed to info I haven't read!

TO be honest, I was somewhat disappointed with ending of ToM. Always towards the end of Jordan's books he has me unable to put the book down with the sudden action-packedness. It almost seemed like book ten did not have a climax, but was simply paving the way for book eleven, so I'm not too disappointed because maybe book eleven will be twice as dope.

Also, is there any possible way to avoid spoilers in these forums? I've been revealed to info I haven't read!

Try the structured forum. No spoilers allowed there.

To be honest, I was somewhat disappointed with ending of ToM. Always towards the end of Jordan's books he has me unable to put the book down with the sudden action-packedness.

How about the Tower of Ghenji sequence?

Also if you don't what spoilers check the Structured Forums.

I think he meant CoT indeed. (X is also Roman for 10)

And yes, Crossroads of Twilight is indeed a bit the first part of Knife of Dreams. You'll not be disappointed by Knife of Dreams, The Gathering Storm (this is the best one) or Towers of Midnight.

I'm struggling to remember what happened in all of CoT. So far I've got:

- Perrin buying some grain

- Perrin making his axe decision. Which would have been more interesting if it wasn't lost in a miasma of 'Nothing matters but Faile'

- Bashere organises a meeting with a mysterious(-ish) not-Tuon

- Egwene gets kidnapped - this is the climax, in my opinion. It is a fairly major event, although it does happen pretty quickly

Basically, if you just read the one chapter where Egwene gets kidnapped, I'm not convinced you'd miss any critical plot details. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy reading it, but in terms of plot movement? Um...

Archived